Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's a Grand Old Flag: Weekend Trivia -- Sunday

Posted by thinman Z5 MI (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 4, 10 at 9:47

OK, I've been way too easy on you lately, so I think I have a trickier one for you today. According to the US Census Bureau, almost two and a half million dollars worth of American flags were imported from China in 2009. Ironic, huh? Also in 2009, almost one million dollars worth of American flags were exported from the US to another country. Which country do you think it was?

ThinMan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's a Grand Old Flag: Weekend Trivia -- Sunday

Well I haven't got a clue, I have one thought on the subject but it's probably wrong, later.

Happy 4th guys,

Annette

o

Hmmm...lots of possibilities-place with huge US military presence, allies, places from which many of our folks originated, a place with lots of ex-pats???...I'm thinking. Will pick one as a pure guess in a bit. Wondering if it could be Iraq, China (now that would be doubly ironic), Canada (so, Annette and Nancy, how many US flags do you see in your neighborhoods? heehee), maybe India or Japan...phew. Spin the globe with eyes closed...

Good question, TM.

o

I know I'm not going to come up with anything else so I'm guessing Canada because of the Olympics.

Annette

o

Hi everyone.

I thought and thought and came up with: Mexico

Libby

o

I think it is Mexico. There are a lot of Americans living in Mexico- extremely cheap to retire there, and if you speak the language, you have it made. I don't know if there are enough to purchase a million $$ worth, but I don't think any other country has more.

o

S, es Mxico. I don't know why that is so, but Janie's reasoning sounds good to me. Once again, my feeble attempt at trivia domination has been foiled by smarty cottage gardeners. Grrrrrr.

for Libby and Janie.

Thanks for playing this weekend.

TM

o

I never got back, but I would have been wrong. I was actually thinking Canada, but then wondered about places with military bases like Guam or American Samoa. Never would have guessed Mexico.

Fun question. Your domination (partial at least) of the sport is safe as long as I am playing-ha. Thanks,TM.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here