Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
We got rain!

Posted by sweetannie4u midOK_z6b/7a (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 25, 11 at 12:46

Yesterday evening, quite unexpectedly, we got a huge thunderstorm that unleashed the furry of THOR and a deluge of much needed rain. I was coming home from taking Mother shopping. Scary, but we were jubilant. Lightening hit right by the car as we were trucking down the road. It was so clse that only a white-blue flash and no sound. Blinding light for a few seconds. But, oh the rain!
More in the forecast all week off and on.
Happy me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: We got rain!

Good for you! We have been lucky in that regard. High temps for several days, then thunderstorms, then more heat,ect. This morning dark clouds formed, but they passed right on over.

Yeah, the lightning can be fierce. Saturday evening I had the front door open while watching TV in the livingroom. The brightest, loudest flash of lightning hit what I thought was right in the middle of the road out front. Later I smelled for smoke in case my house or the neighbors may have been struck.

o

I listened to the weather radio early this morning. They reported that this rain was totally unexpected - not at all predicted, and looks like there may be more to come off and on all week - very unpredictable at this point. Doesn't fit any weather patterns. Weird, but so welcome! Temps supposed to remain in the 100s, they said. Eeeek! But, maybe not. It's only 79 right now at 2:00. Doesn't seem likely to go that high, but who knows. It's very humid now of course. The sweat was pouring off me in nothing flat while I was out mulching and setting rocks here and there. Couldn't work very long. I got soak and wet.

o

I don't even attempt to work out in humid weather anymore. Just can't take it. I need to edge the beds so bad right now or there will be double the work with all the grass creeping in them.

o

Mmmmmmm, maybe running around chanting in the moonlight really works, you got rain, and, yesterday it registered 80 here. I haven't resorted to doing this myself yet but someone must have LOL. Summer has finally arrived here, fingers crossed it stays.

Annette

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here