Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thursday and first of July....where to have tea today?

Posted by lavender_lass WA zone 4 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 1, 10 at 12:54

Hi all! It's now July and finally feeling like summer :)

Today, I'll probably be weeding quite a bit in the kitchen garden, but I do plan to stop and enjoy a nice cup of tea. Since it's actually sunny today (finally) I'll probably be sitting in the fairy garden and looking at my very tiny, but cute, little rose bands. I have a couple of buds, so I'm very excited to see what they look like, when they bloom.

Hope you all have a wonderful day! What are your plans for this Thursday?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thursday and first of July....where to have tea today?

The first of July, Canada Day a holiday for us. It's STILL cool (53*F) and raining here, summer hasn't arrived yet.

The weatherman is saying the temps will rise in the next couple of days. By tuesday it's supposed to be 84, changes like this knock the socks off me I hope he's wrong and it stays in the 70's. If I have afternoon tea outside today it will be beside the Koi pool under a roof.

Annette

o

This morning I drove my Stepdad and Mom to a flea market about an hour away, he doesn't like to drive in heavy freeway traffic anymore; and none of us had been to the place before so he was afraid of getting lost. Well, we made it and look what I found. Isn't it cute? It's either a head of lettuce or cabbage and has a small butterfly on the lid - only $6! I had to have it. If only I would have remembered Thursday Tea when I got home in the afternoon.

o
RE: weather

Wanted to add that we are having such beautiful weather here the last three days, in the 70s during the day, 50's at night. Temps are headed back up tho beginning Sunday.

Happy Canada Day, Annette. My neighbor is from Canada, she married a man from here six years ago and they live in his house right down the road. Well, THEIR house now. :)

o

That is called Marjolica Pottery. It is from the Victorian era.

Reproductions were produced again and again until it went out of popularity. It was reproduced again in the 1940s or 50s, I believe. I know I saw a lot of it in people's homes back then.

Yours is a real beauty. Check for marks. Yours could be from the original period!

Congratulations on such a perfect find!

Here is a link that might be useful: The History of Marjoilca Pottery

o

No such luck, it had a sticker on the bottom that read,"Made in the Phillipines" and part of a series by an artist and company whose name I forget. The sticker disappeared while I was washing the pot.

o

That teapot is really cute, congrats on the great find.

Annette

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here