Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Thursday tea...share a picture from your garden?

lavender_lass
12 years ago

I thought it might be fun to share a picture or two of our gardens. It's a little rainy today, but I moved two gallica roses yesterday, so I don't mind, at all. They haven't bloomed yet, but hopefully, they just need a little more sun :)

Here's a picture of my Celsiana damask rose, which is just starting to bloom...and has a lovely fragrance!

{{gwi:296804}}

So, what's new in your garden? Are you sitting out there, enjoying your tea today? Anyone making any treats? I'm thinking about pineapple upside down cake, which my mom loves, in the summer.

Have a lovely Thursday and enjoy your tea!

Comments (5)

• natal
    12 years ago

Such a light pink. I see your signature fragrance in the background. ;)

I'm glad I saw your thread. I haven't taken a single garden pic since May and things are starting to look ragged now. Another reason I haven't taken a pic is because it means letting the camera adjust for 10 minutes to the humidity. If you don't this is what you get ...

{{gwi:608249}}

Can't believe how much the purple fountain grass has grown in two months.

This was May 13 ...

{{gwi:608251}}

this is today ...

{{gwi:608253}}

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

I took about ten nice photos of the garden the other day, trying to get the 360 view, but that's too many to post here. Maybe I'll do that in the Gallery some day. So I chose this one for Thursday Tea.It's been a beautiful day, but I only puttered around a little early this morning dead heading and doing a bit of weeding.

I just came in from having Yorkshire Gold tea in the orchard under the apple tree. It's so nice and peaceful down there until around this time in the afternoon when people begin going to and coming back from work, then it's constant traffic up and down the road. Even though I'm shielded by the privet hedge tunnel, I can still hear and see most of them. Time to leave.

{{gwi:608255}}

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

Today we're having welsh cakes with our tea, I froze the batch I made the other day, if left out they'd be gone ;).

Constance Spry
    {{gwi:608256}}

A couple of pix from the pool room
    {{gwi:608257}}

{{gwi:608258}}

A visitor
    {{gwi:608259}}
    Annette

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Welsh Cakes? Never had the pleasure, but sound yummy. All I could muster was some store-bought Pecan Sandies.

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

Oh, your roses and other pictures are so lovely! I attempted to make homemade iced tea today and it turned out fairly well, but what I really want is to find a recipe for Thai iced tea - that is some amazing stuff!
    I will try to post a picture tomorrow - I have been holding a teething baby in one hand lately and dabbing pollen from daylily to daylily with the other. It is so fun. I feel like I need a gossamer lavender dress and some shimmery wings and tiara as a pollinator costume. Lol

Sponsored