Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Thursday Tea...almost the end of July

lavender_lass
12 years ago

Can you believe it's already the last Thursday of July? Why does July always seem to go by much faster than January? I hope you're all enjoying your gardens today...and for those in the high heat/drought conditions...I hope you're enjoying a cool glass of iced tea in the shade, or at least, the air conditioning.

Here in eastern Washington, it's been in the mid 70s to low 80s most of the month. At night, it often gets into the 30s and 40s, which is very unusual. The roses are still budding out (even the once blooming shrub roses) and you'd think it was the end of June, by looking at the garden. I doubt we'll see many heat loving summer fruits or vegetables this year, but it's a small price to pay, compared to what's happening in much of the country.

I'm on my way out to water the garden and then hopefully, will catch up on the weeding, in the next few days. The weeds are growing like crazy, but some are so pretty, that I've decided to leave a few in the back of the beds. It's been so nice in the evening, we've been sitting out in the garden, watching the horses and catching up on our day. We even saw a little doe come up for salt (while the horses were not standing too close to their salt lick).

She was so cute...and didn't seem to show any interest in the garden, whatsoever. It was nice that she showed enough respect, that she didn't eat any plants, right in front of me! (LOL) It's also helped that all the grass, in the pasture, is still green and that we planted lots of herbs and flowers (that the deer don't like) in with the fruits and vegetables.

I hope you all have a lovely Thursday and enjoy your tea :)

Comments (3)

Sponsored