Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Tomorrow is Thursday tea and summer is finally here!

lavender_lass
13 years ago

It's supposed to be 90 tomorrow! Wow, summer finally made it. Tea will be in the shade and possibly iced. LOL

How about all of you? How is the weather...and where do you plan to enjoy your tea tomorrow?

I may bake something tonight because I think it's going to be too hot tomorrow. Maybe some peach muffins with frosting and jasmine tea. That sounds good! Hope you all enjoy your Thursday :)

Comments (5)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

LOL, we've gone from 59 to 90 in just a couple of days, we just broke the record for this day in July. Lass, baking tonight when it cools off sounds like a great idea, so does a nice cold jug of ice tea in the fridge. Tomorrow I'll be sitting in the lathhouse having my afternoon tea, it so nice, cool and shady there.

Annette

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

I wrote myself a note about Thursday Tea in case I didn't see this post to remind me. Tomorrow is suppose to be hotter than today (over 90) but there is a chance of scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. I doubt we will be that lucky, but maybe they'll come in Friday.

Hope to join you...somewhere cool. The hedge tunnel is nice if a there is a breeze. Can't even think about lighting the big gas stove's oven tonight OR tomorrow. I may drive in my air conditioned car to the local bakery in the morning for creme sticks.

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

"I can't believe I ate the whole thing". That sweet roll was good but oh so sweet - afterward I had such a sugar rush I could have done a couple laps around the house. Tea was good,too.

I was going to have tea in the library today (photo) but changed my mind and moved to the livingroom and enjoyed it in front of the TV. Much, much too hot outside to even poke my head out the back door. Wherever there are high temps, I hope everyone is inside taking it easy today.

{{gwi:608727}}

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Schoolhouse- Once again, charming picture of tea! That roll does look sweet, but good :)

I did not bake anything last night. I was too tired after watering and didn't finish until almost 9:30. I may try to make muffins in the next hour and maybe take some up to my mom. Maybe I'll have tea up there, in the air conditioning!

Annette- I think you have higher temperatures today than we do...and that rarely happens. Portland was supposed to be 100 today. We're only around 90 degrees, which is about normal for us in July, but aren't you usually 75-80? It's a good day to be in the shade.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

Lass, I just went out and looked at the thermometer it sitting on 90 right now, a far cry from a high of 57 last week. Yesterday there was a breeze, today zilch so it really feels hotter. Having tea outside today is out of the question. This afternoon I'm doing the couch potato thing.

Yes, you're right, our highs this time of year are usually in the high 70's, low 80's.

Annette

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert