Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazydogs

Weekend Trivia: Sunday

Good morning everyone. I hope your Sundays are off to a good start. Looks like our rain has passed and I will be able to get out today. The little monster is coming to run with our crazies, so it should be a lively day.

So, for trivia, we are going from the sublime of Nancy's question to the ridiculous. Do you know what the best-selling cookie in the world is? I will be back to check in a bit. Hope this is not TOO easy for you.

Cynthia

Comments (11)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    9 years ago

Good Morning everyone, it's jelly making for me this morning then I hope to spend a few more hours out in the garden. I've pretty much got that small overgrown bed dug out, two and some wheelbarrows full of roots of L. of the V. euphorbia, ajuga, columbine and assorted weeds. I still want to go over it a couple of times and have to move the wisteria tree to another location, the bush clover is now in it's new spot and seems to have not minded the move.
    On to trivia, one cookie that came to mind right off the bat is one that Dairy Queen puts in Blizzards :).

Annette

• thinman
    9 years ago

I know which cookie is the most popular in crossword puzzles. I wonder if it's the same one.

TM

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    9 years ago

I'm with TM on the most popular in crosswords. I don't buy them anymore cause I can easily binge on a bag!!

Nancy.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

No doubt this will be too easy for Bobbie, too!

I am beyond frustrated today (no clues, just a rant-which might be less vehement if I had a bag of these cookies to assuage my irritation). A month ago, we needed to put a new motor in our washing machine. Nnot too expensive. We were happy about that. Ever since, we keep getting a message that asks us if the water tap is closed. According to the manual, that means checking to be sure there isn't a clog in several possible spots. So, we checked. Everything was clear. We continue to get the darn message and of course, the cycle stops. It takes forever now to do a load and we have to set it drain and then to spin b/c once that message pops up, it won't finish the cycle. Sigh. You would not believe the pile of laundry I have down there. Yikes! I hope Chuck will call this week. I will be back in school. We both kept putting it off in the hopes the machine would fix itself. Haha. I have piles sandwiched between piles! (Oh-aha-a clue after all).

Cynthia

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    9 years ago

lol - good clue, and it confirms my thought!!

Nancy - who also wants a bag!!

• mnwsgal
    9 years ago

I think this might be the only store bought cookie that my mother would buy for us. Chocolately delicious with milk. Haven't had one of those for years.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Now need to wait. I think I need to make an emergency run to the grocery store! ;)

Your stars will be in multiple posts!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

That's three...

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And finally, one more Oreo with all four stars for all of you. Who knew that trivia could cause me to crave something so desperately? Sigh. Must resist.

Thanks for playing all. Oreos were always my favorite store-bought cookie. I was hoping it might take you just a little longer, but I guess that is why it is the best-selling around the world-we all know the brand and like it! Here is a link with more interesting facts about Oreos.

Here is a link that might be useful: Oreos

• mnwsgal
    9 years ago

Hmm, you've got me wanting an Oreo as well. I quit buying them years ago because DS & DH would eat the whole boxful right away. They didn't need all those calories.

Love the stars!

• thinman
    9 years ago

So Oreos are as popular to eat as they are to crossword constructors. Not totally surprising, I guess. They've been around a long time.

I always think of the old commercial: Little girls have pretty curls, but I like Oreos.

Imagine how many product jingles are floating around in our heads. They might even make for some interesting trivia questions some time. :-)

Thanks, Cynthia for another good one.

TM

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES