Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazydogs

Weekend Trivia-Saturday

Good morning, friends.

I am about to get busy here moving things inside in anticpipation of the hurricane. Haven't checked the reports yet this morning, but it is already windy which surprises me. Chuck is reading the paper on the deck. He is much more willing to take a chance and leave things than I am. I am definitely not a gambler and prefer to be prepared.

So, I hope this is not too boringly easy for all of you. My question today is, if you were going from the world's smallest country to the world's second-smallest country, through which other countries would you have to travel?

Cynthia

Comments (14)

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

Morning Cyn. Cool, clear, sunny am here. It was calling for 60% chance of rain, but that seems to have been called off.
    Oooo, I should know this one!! Not that I've been to either of them, but nearby...
    I'm off to a local market for veggies to make cucumber relish!! Yumm.

Nancy.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

Hmmmmm, I have a thought on the smallest country but I'm not sure I need hints, just so I know I'm in the right part of the world LOL.

Annette

• lorna-organic
    12 years ago

I hope these hints are right! Consider Princess Grace and Joseph Aloisius Ratzinger, as well as cassoulet and pasta. Depending upon the route taken, one might also consider chocolate.

12 years ago

Thanks Lorna, I was on the right track after all, now to get my atlas out.

Annette

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

Interesting - I was thinking schnitzel???

Nancy.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Non, chere Nancy, ce n'est pas schnitzel. I was sort of hoping someone might think those other countries I suspect you thought of.

Growing up, had a friend/neighbor named Grace. She was her aunt's namesake.

Still have power despite three-quarters of a million Dominion Power customers without. Hope ours stays on until after we are asleep.

Buonanotte amici. I will check back if we don't lose power!

• thinman
    12 years ago

I just got home from an overnight trip downstate and I had to check in on Trivia and to see what's happening with the hurricane. It sounds like wind, flooding, and power outages will be the order of the day tomorrow for the mid-Atlantic coastal area. Scary. Good luck to you, Cynthia, and all you folks out that way.

Trivia wise, I only know of Monaco. I can't think what the second-smallest country would be, so I'm not likely to be a player in this one. Anyway I'm tired --- will check back tomorrow.

TM

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

Huh, I wasn't thinking they were countries....
    Glad you are OK - Looks like they've got you all on high alert. Probably a good thing. Take care.

Nancy.

12 years ago

Italy and France?

Annette

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

Yes, I would say Italy and France, as well.

Nancy.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

**** for Nancy, Annette, and Lorna.
    ** Half-credit for TM.

The world's smallest country is Vatican City at 0.2 sq. mi.
    Next is Monaco at 0.7 sq mi. and yes, you would go through Italy and France to get from one to the other.

Third and fourth are Pacific Islands: Nauru and Tuvalu. Then back to Europe for San marino (5th) and Liechtenstein (6th).

We had no damage and only lost power from around 1 am to 7 am during the Irene. Feeling very happy about that and hoping the tree stays standing until the tree guys take it bown next week. No guarantees after all that rain, but I am hopeful! Thrilled tha we had so much rain. We needed it desperately. Oh and we had one little bird that weathered the storm huddled on one of the perches on one of the bird feeders hanging under the deck. Poor thing. A raccoon also braved the storm to come look for seed. The manical mongrels went nuts until I finally managed to corral them in the basement bedroom (they would run in when I called them away from the doors and then run back out before I could get the door closed-picture this repeated multiple times in the dark-too funny).

Have a marvelous Sunday everyone. Back to school for me tomorrow. Ugh.

Thanks for playing.

Cynthia

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

Huh! Thanks for the stars, but I was kerfuffled on this. I would have thought that 5 and 6 were the answer - I never really considered the others 'countries'. I didn't equivalate Principalities to countries. There you go, you learn every day!!!

Thanks Cyn, and I am glad you are in good shape. The wind continues here, no rain yet. Great for getting the laundry done - I really must fix my dryer one of these days!!! Before winter, perhaps!

Nancy.

• thinman
    12 years ago

Oh no, not back to school!? Summer is over already?

Thanks for half credit, Cynthia --- it's more than I deserve. I didn't even think of The Vatican or the other little countries.

It was a very good question. Thanks for keeping us trivia'd.

TM

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

You are all waaaay too nice about my questions. Still, I will keep at it and try to come up with something that will rise to the level of questions you two give us! :)

Cynthia

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer