Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
midnightsmum

The Paintings

Well, as some of you are aware, I had to put some things into the hands of family this winter, due to a change in circumstances. Things that were precious, that I wanted to keep safe. I am finally OK again, and went to get these things a month ago. Several of my Mother`s watercolours were missing. I was devastated, and my relative has been less than caring about any of these things since Christmas. When I emailed my concern about the missing paintings, I was reminded that I was not a priority, and how dare I suggest that she might have them anyway. It took her 3 weeks to `find` them. Then 2 more weeks to tell me I could drop by to get them. So, yesterday was the day. A friend drove into the city and we picked them up.

It could be because my Mum`s favourite uncle painted them, or because his daughter is one of my few remaining relatives still speaking to me, but I love them and believe that he had true talent. I am having all of his paintings that I have archivally re-framed, but in the original frames.

{{gwi:610151}}

{{gwi:610153}}

{{gwi:610155}}

This last one is the largest of all. It is actually too large for my scanner. My Uncle painted it for his favourite niece, my Mum, for her wedding present. I have two that were painted for me, but I believe that you can see his passion in the landscapes.

This meant a lot to me, getting them back. Thanks for looking at them.

Nancy.

Comments (7)