Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweetannie4u

I have a new grandson!

Annie
13 years ago

Little Alex, (Alexander) was born on August 3rd at 7:53 A.M.

Mommy and son are doing great.

Little Maya loves her tiny baby brother and Daddy is proud as punch.

That makes ten grandchildren now, and that will be all she wrote unless someone adopts.

I just had to tell you!

~Annie

Comments (26)

• lavender_lass
    13 years ago

Annie- Congratulations! That's wonderful news :)

Ten altogether, but how many granddaughters and how many grandsons?

• Annie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I have three granddaughters (two mine, one step);
    Seven grandsons (four mine, three steps)

I haven't seen the oldest step-grandson since he was two. The two other step-grandsons and step-granddaughter never come to see their "Granda" (my poor DH), and they don't consider me their Grannie whatsoever. Neither do DH's family consider me his wife or my kids or grandkids theirs (no blood relationship = no interest whatsoever).

I include them all - it's his family's problem if they don't want to accept my love or reciprocate.

My family is not that way at all. Everyone is included and everyone is loved the same, blood kin or not.
    So actually, I only have six grands. My kids and grands are the only ones who come to see us and have any contact with us. They adore their Grampa too.

We will be going to South Carolina in September to see my daughter, her hubby, little Maya and little baby Alex.

:)

Happy Grannie!

• lavender_lass
    13 years ago

No explaining people's strange behavior sometimes...who wouldn't want more family? More family means more people who care about your kids and want to make sure they have a good and happy life.

I'm glad you're going to get to see your daughter, her hubby, little Maya and baby Alex in September :)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

How wonderful for you Annie, another grandbaby to love. It has been my experience blood does not guarantee you a family, it's caring and love that does.
    Can't match you in numbers we only have 5 grandchildren but I now have 3 great-granddaughters to spoil :). Have a great time with your family in September.

Annette

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

Congratulations Annie!

• Annie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Little Maya LOVES to work in her mother's vegetable garden every day. She grew peppers, tomatoes and beans this year - she is two.
    So, my daughter bought Maya some "gifts" before she had the baby and presented them to her on her first visit at the hospital to see her little baby brother. Maya was told they were gifts from baby Alex. She thanked him and thanked him. She told me on the telephone, "Grannie! Alex gave me a shovel and a watering can! Wasn't that nice of him?" And then she squealed with glee.

What a sweetheart - her and her mommy.

So rises a duly anointed next generation gardener in my family. :)

~Annie

• thinman
    13 years ago

Congrats, Annie! Aren't grand kids a blast? When I was a young guy, I thought grandparents were a goofy bunch. Now I understand. I'll bet you're really looking forward to your trip to South Carolina.

ThinMan

• Eduarda
    13 years ago

Congratulations, Annie dear! I'll never understand some people's obsession with blood ties. As if a genetic similarity could warrant a kindred spirit! And anyway, it's not as if one's heart runs out of room for loving more people. Enjoy your little grandson, Annie, and congratulations to your daughter and her young family.

Eduarda

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Oh, congratulations! Nothing better than a new baby in the family! Can't wait to see pictures!

• BecR
    13 years ago

Congratulations Annie on your new grandson, Alexander!!! Love the name. :) Becky

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

Congratulations.

• Annie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here is a picture of Maya and Baby Alex taking a nap together. Well, Alex was napping. Maya was pretending - aren't they cute together like that?

{{gwi:610233}}

Below is the LINK to my photobucket if you want to see more pics. They are not in order.

Aren't they beautiful children? I am so proud of them.
    Maya looks (and acts) like her Mama did when she was little and Baby Alex looks just like my sons did. I think that is so amazing! We really have strong genes.
    There are more new pics posted in Family and also up in the Cottage Garden folder, if you wanna go look around.

Haven't been on here lately because I have been so busy in the house. So much to do this time of the year, canning, cleaning, and many other things. I'm also working on baby quilts and items. I am loving it. Nice break from the hot garden work.
    Today I made a batch of Pear Butter. Gosh it is so delicious! Going to bake bread tomorrow. I also roasted a sheet full of tomatoes, garlic and hot peppers all afternoon. The kitchen smelled so good! Those will be bagged and go into the freezer. I kept sampling the tomatoes all day. I couldn't help myself!

Hope you all are well and enjoying the rest of your summer.
    We finally got some rain and cooler temps. The two months of severe drought and record high temps has ended (and I hope never returns!) I am truely thankful.

~Annie

Here is a link that might be useful: Maya and Alex Together - at last!

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    13 years ago

They sure are beautiful! You must be beyond proud!

• memo3
    13 years ago

Congratulations, Annie!

What beautiful little beings. Enjoy them!

MeMo

• Annie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for looking and for buttering my bread with compliments. :)

I love that photo. Maya is such a little darling and she adores her baby brother.

~Annie

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

What a pair of cuties, I'm off to look at your album.

Annette

• natal
    13 years ago

Congratulations Annie!

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

Been meaning to pop in and say congratulations,too. What beautiful dark hair he has (and Maya). That photo will be a treasure when they both get older, esp. because of the impish grin of Maya's! so sweet, both of them.

• organic_kitten
    13 years ago

They are precious, Annie. Enjoy.
    kay

• cindysunshine
    13 years ago

Oh Annie they are perfect and gorgeous! How absolutely thrilling for all of you. 10 my goodness TEN. I am still awaiting #1 here....

beautiful!!

• ogrose_tx
    13 years ago

Annie, I just looked at your album, what absolutely beautiful kiddos, I know you're as proud as can be. Congratulations!

• carrieburgess3
    13 years ago

Congratulations Annie!!! What sweet beautiful children.

Carrie

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

Maya is beautiful, and look at that baby boy's head of hair!
    How beautiful are these children!!
    I don't blame you for being proud of them Annie, they are gorgeous!

• BecR
    13 years ago

Congratulations on the new grandson, Annie!! They are both beautiful!! Cheers. :) Becky

• gldno1
    13 years ago

Annie, what a precious family! Alex is a handsome baby and Maya is beautiful. They all look so happy. I loved the pictures of Maya in Indian dress.

Families are such a blessing in our lives.

• kathi_mdgd
    13 years ago

Congratulations Annie,finally made it over here to look.What beautiful kids,love the one of Maya hugging her little brother.Both of them are very cute,and will bring you years of joys and pleasures.Enjoy every moment ou get to spend with them.
    Kathi

Sponsored