Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Friday tea...again :)

Posted by lavender_lass WA zone 4 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 26, 11 at 12:00

Oops, I got busy yesterday and forgot about tea! My mom kindly stopped by the store for me, while she was in town, so I made orange/cinnamon muffins last night. I'm just having one with my Earl Gray, for breakfast.

This afternoon, I think I'll have tea in the fairy garden. I'm still working on my bench, mainly because I have to do some work on the area that I plan to put the bench, once it's assembled. It's much heavier than my little table and chairs, which I'll be putting in the back...so I need to get everything weeded and put down more bark or maybe bricks. Still deciding on that, but bricks might be the better choice, even though it's more work.

While I won't be doing much work this afternoon (more planning and drinking tea than anything else) this weekend will be busy! Later today, I may go up to my mom's and have tea, since I told her I'd make her a little dessert, probably her favorite...pineapple upsidedown cake, in exchange for stopping by the store.

I hope you all have a lovely Friday and enjoy your tea :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Friday tea...again :)

Summer finally got here, the last couple of weeks have been great, today it's supposed to be in the 80's. Yesterday I worked out on the shady side of the garden, cut down the persicaria so I can get in at those blanky, blank, couch grass roots and I also moved everything out of the way for the tree service coming to cut down our 40 year old flowering cherry, it has a lot of dieback and is starting to look ugly.
This tree has cast shade on the part of the garden I'm working on right now for over twenty years. Once the tree is gone it'll get more afternoon sun so some of the plants will have to be removed and planted elsewhere, I'm going to leave the azaleas and shrubs but everything else is coming out.
I'll watch how much sun this spot gets once the tree's gone for the rest of the summer, I'll know then what I can plant, I'm hoping to move some of my echinaceas, shasta daisies and other sun lovers there.

So tea this afternoon will probably be in a mug sitting on a rock wall in amongst all the disarray LOL.

Annette

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here