Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First Thursday of August...where are you having your tea?

Posted by lavender_lass WA zone 4 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 5, 10 at 12:11

Wow! August already...where does the time go? It's supposed to cool off in the next few days, down to the low 80s and even high 70s! Maybe I can finally get some work finished in the gardens :)

Tea today will probably be on the porch, if I can get my plants rearranged and get to my table. LOL I have so many plants waiting to go into the kitchen garden, it's getting a little crowded. Hopefully I can finish moving some things around this weekend and get everything planted, with the cooler weather.

What are your plans for today? Enjoy your tea!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First Thursday of August...where are you having your tea?

Thursday there was no time for tea here. It was so hot, and I had to run in from the church garden and get out to the Farmers Market quickly to fulfil some volunteer hours. Instead of tea I was able to slurp a delicious homemade popsicle courtesy King of Pops. He is a young, local entrepeneur who is fashioning his own natural un-extra sweetened frozen treats and selling them from a cart. SO GOOD!

o

I was in West Virginia on Thursday, playing fiddle at a big old time music fest; we left Wednesday at 4:30am and got back yesterday evening around 6:30pm. I was probably having coffee!

My yard was so high that I unpacked, put all the camping gear away, showered (at last-a real shower) and at 8:30pm. jumped on the Toro Zero Turn mower and off I went. I was flyin' around that yard and doin' donuts around the trees, trying to get down before it got dark, and I made it just as the sun set.

Then around 11pm, I crashed in my own bed finally after sleeping in the back of a pickup truck for three nights! At least I had a cot, but have you ever tried to sleep with hundreds of musicians picking banjos and playing fiddles all around your camp site all night until 5am?

Just awhile ago I mowed the back and the orchard because the temp went down to a more comfortable 83. But the WEEDS - oh my gosh. I gotta alot of work to do to make up for those four days away. Plus we are going back to 80+ temps all next week, with Tuesday suppose to be 91. Rain is forecast on some of the days but I forget which ones.

So - next Thursday for sure I'll be making time for tea even if the work doesn't get done.

o

I'm having tea on Friday this week, in Unionville, Ontario with my mothers friends. We are to wear hats and gloves and I'm going to wear my "new" (old, it's vintage) hand painted garden dress!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here