Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
adorable tea cosy

Posted by schoolhouse z5/ohio (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 14, 11 at 12:25

I had some money in PayPal for a long time, so I decided to spend it on a new tea cosy. There were so many to choose from, love the hand knitted ones from England, and some were so expensive. I didn't buy this one, but thought I'd share. Isn't it sweet? I thought of Lass right away.

Makes me want to learn to knit. Anyone out there with skills? The tea cosys look fairly easy and you if you can crochet, you can make flowers for the tops.

Here is a link that might be useful: tea cosy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: adorable tea cosy

Looking at the pic I'd say you could knit one from a toque pattern. I should try making one come winter, my hands are too rough to knit or crochet any other time of the year.

Annette

o

That is so sweet! I love Etsy!! You can find some really lovely things there.

o

I just discovered Etsy not too long ago. Once I get on that site, hours fly by - I have to be careful!

o

OOOOH, that is so cute!!!!! I don't even own a teapot, but when I do, I will make it a snuggly house, too. Lol

o

That is cute.
I don't kit, but I crochet. It is one of my pastimes in the winter.
Right now I am making an Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter's Tea Pot, with cups and saucers (with attached crocheted flowers). I found the pattern in a magazine. I'm making it for my youngest granddaughter, Maya. She and Mommie have tea every day, but she loves to have pretend tea too. The teapot, one cup and saucer are completed. Just one more cup and saucer to make. I'm making her a large mushroom, pink with red spots (pillow chair) for her room too. I found a 6 ft long multi-colored caterpillar for her last fall. I think she is going to like the whole set.
Here's a photo I took of the three pieces I completed before making and adding the light pink flowers to the saucer.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o
RE: tea set

I am going to make some little red flowers too, as she NOW like pink & red together. And I think I am going to make new shorter handles for the cups. They are too long. I added the knob on the teapot lid. The pattern didn't have one and it needed a knob.
This is going to be a Christmas present for her.

o

Fantastic, Annie! Maya will cherish that forever.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here