Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Thursday Tea

lavender_lass
12 years ago

It's the first Thursday of August and it's beautiful weather in our part of the country. It finally warmed up and the temperature has been in the 80s, for the past week. We're still far behind our regular summer growth...June roses are still blooming and tomatoes are still mostly flowering, but it's finally starting to feel like summer :)

How are things in your garden? Are you having your tea inside or outside, today? I'm hoping to find a shady spot and relax with a nice cup of Earl Grey.

Have a lovely Thursday and enjoy your tea!

Comments (5)

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Thought I'd have tea in the orchard under the apple tree, but then heard the neighbors gathering up wood and debris from the felled trees along the line; so opted for the back porch. I had a visitor!

{{gwi:610413}}

What did I miss on that plate? and who invited the fly?
    {{gwi:610415}}

{{gwi:610416}}

{{gwi:610417}}

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

It's going to be iced tea for me if I have time, I'm right in the middle of planting 3 dozen Iris :). It's over 80 here today, a little too warm as far as I'm concerned. Summer has arrived, I do hope it sticks around for awhile as our spring was the pits.

Annette

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Schoolhouse- Your visitor is adorable! It's nice to have a friend stop by (and pose) while you have tea :)

Annette- It is warm today, but we don't have your humidity. I think it's about 90 out there, but the humidity is at 16%....very dry. The birds, bees and little bugs are loving my sprinklers, today!

• luckygal
    12 years ago

So glad I checked on this thread - I so enjoy your teatime pics Schoolhouse! Kitty is adorable and, of course, love your china. TFS

We're finally getting warm weather and sunshine but still have too many mosquitoes around to sit outdoors. I have tea indoors every day and my latest fav is a rooibos, Goji berry blend. Very yummy.

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Thanks. In addition to mosquitoes, there are these small biting flies around my place. They are so quick, a person can't even swat them.

So humid today. All I've got accomplished is some deadheading early this morning, the back of my t-shirt was drenched by the time I came in the house. Made a run to the produce stand for sweet corn, stopped to visit a friend for a minute, then came home and did nothing more. For some reason, I'm so sleepy today. A cup of coffee didn't even perk me up - maybe I should have made tea.

The cat's name is Pretty, and she was a feral kitten who showed up in April. I trapped her and paid $226 to have her spayed, shots,ect.(!). Took several months for her to trust me enough to let me pet her, now she can't get enough attention. Those eyes are even more mesmerizing in person. Definitely alot of Siamese in her.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida