Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

Royal Wedding Tea

schoolhouse_gw
12 years ago

It came in the mail today. When I opened the box, here was a beautiful yellow tin with a unique shape. And in the bottom of the box were a handful of green tea bags and a special Japanese "silken" tea bag, in paper wrapping of course. Couldn't wait to open the Royal Wedding, the bags smell just like candy! Very pretty, look like little satchels, with pink rose petals among the other ingredients. I smell coconut - I wonder what this candy tea is going to taste like.

Now, I have to tell you that today is a sad day and I will need that special tea to cheer me later. In about an hour, I take my 17yr.pup to help her over The Rainbow Bridge. It's time, she's ready, I'm ready - must do it before I change my mind. I have the grave dug already in the orchard under the old apple tree. We took a walk just awhile ago and I mistakenly came upon it before I knew, but Annie is blind and nearly deaf so I sure she didn't see. Her stiff little legs and arthritic back will bother her no more. She no longer wants to eat and can't hold water down, some fecal incontinence too makes her very upset. Sooo, here I go again, but it's the best thing. Have a cup of tea for Annie.

Comments (10)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

(((Hugs))) We have just had to do the same thing, we no longer have our little Heidi(17). Heidi has been deaf and nearly blind for some time now, she could no longer get up and down stairs because of arthritis which we had no problems with but she had developed tumors which were inoperable because of where they were, because of her age and Cairns problems with anesthetics. When DH took her in our vet agreed it was time, so Heidi will be waiting to welcome Annie, they can play and frolic together. Another of our friends has just lost her much loved pet. It's been a sad couple of weeks.

Annette

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Annette. Annie also was blind and almost deaf for quite a few years. I adopted her from the Humane Society, and they thought she was 14yrs.old at that time - 10yrs.ago! I'm sure it was because she was in such bad shape when the couple brought her to the shelter. They were walking one day and came upon her tied to railroad tracks - front and back legs tied to rails. She was matted, broken teeth, terrible skin condition and chronic ear infections, but with the heart of a mighty little Wire Hair Fox Terrier(Mix). She had swellings on her body that could only have been from being kicked. I'm not a rich person, but I did my best to give her the care she needed all these years. I have to stop beating myself up thinking of times when I could have done more. I have a friend who is a passionate dog owner and fierce when it comes to dog rescue. She believes in preserving life at all cost, but hey, some of us do the best we can; and I too felt it was Annie's "time".

Ok. I'll move on. The tea: well, it was like drinking an Almond Joy. No need for any sweetener, that's for sure. It was different, and it must have been good because I drank the whole pot; but it's not for every day. The ingredients are: "Chinese White Tea, rose petals,cornflowers, marigold petals, artificial and natural almond and coconut flavors"
    I've never had a white tea. Also, brewing instructions read: "Steep in less than boiling water for 4min". Less than boiling? So when you hear the water in the kettle rolling I guess? And I meant "sachets" not "satchels". :)

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

Oh, Schoolhouse - (((HUGS)))). I normally skip over these posts (blush). I too had a loss this week, my sweet boy Midnight. 16 he was, with me from 5 months old. Born feral, the tough guy of the neighbourhood. Well, it's been a tough couple of days. He has suffered from spinal stenosis for the last several months, unable to use his hind legs properly, but still his feisty self in character. Vet could not believe how otherwise healthy he was. We went down to the grass on the side yard on Thursday afternoon, his first time outside since last Fall. I had kept hoping he would go in his sleep, but no such luck, I had to take him into the vet's office Friday am. I wanted to have him cremated, and keep his ashes, but the budget said otherwise. I have buried him in the back yard here, and will scatter some nepetia cataria seeds over him. I know I've cried a lot, and probably more tears to come. Loss is difficult for me now. He'd have hated living in this apartment, though, if he'd been able to get around properly, so maybe God takes care of things in his own way. Thanks for listening to me grieve. I hope that it helps you in your grief.

Nancy.

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Nancy, we all need this big group hug, don't we? And yes, sharing can make a person feel very understood.

• Annie
    12 years ago

You have my heartfelt sympathy and love.
    After reading everyone's posts, I am too choked up to say anything more. Been there myself.

((HUGS))

~Annie

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you. Feeling much better today, but it sure was difficult. I think because for the first time in 30yrs. I'm dogless. It's just weird not having a dog(s) to be constantly aware of and the daily routine is really messed up! I'm going to wait this time before I get another, see how lonely things become before I commit to another 15yrs.

• lavender_lass
    12 years ago

I am so sorry to read about everyone's loss. Even though you know it's the best thing for them...and we don't want our loved ones to suffer...it's still so difficult. We had to put our little boy kitty down last spring and I still miss him. We had him since he was about six months old and he was such a sweetie.

Schoolhouse- The tea does sound fancy. I've never heard of candy tea before, but I think my nieces would love it. It's hard to find a tea they like to drink, so usually I make them punch :)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

Oh, schoolhouse, I am so sorry. What a life Annie must have had before she came home to you! That is just incomprehensible to me. Thank goodness she had so many years with you.

We have had our adopted pups (mother and son) for four years now. There isn't a day that I don't thank the universe for bringing them to us and I know you felt the same with Annie.

((((schoolhouse)))) and ((((Annie))))

Cynthia
    (and still sending hugs your way Nancy and to you Lass-it does take time, doesn't it? I think we miss them forever)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

Hugs to you too! I love the image of Heidi waiting to greet and frolic with Annie! And, yes, that did put me over the edge as far as composure.

• luckygal
    12 years ago

(((Schoolhouse))) and (((midnightsmum))), I am so sorry for your losses. I've been there also many times and know how difficult it is. Please focus on the good times and believe you did the best you could.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County