Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Thursday Tea...what's blooming in your garden?

lavender_lass
12 years ago

Right now, there are still some roses blooming, but the bee balm is beautiful. It's up to five feet tall in some places, but most are about 3' and just covered with flowers. The butterfly bushes are finally starting to bud out and the coneflowers are just opening. We're still 'behind' this summer, after all the rain and cool weather we had in the spring and most of June.

Today, I plan to have tea out in the garden, enjoying all the flowers. I made some orange spice muffins, with frosting and I'm going to have one with my tea...maybe even two. The hummingbirds are buzzing about all over and they're so cute. They love to hover and look at me, trying to figure out what exactly it is that I'm doing, out in THEIR garden. (LOL)

Tomorrow, I'm having tea up at my mom's house...and her garden looks especially beautiful, this year. I'll probably bake a pineapple upside down cake to take up there, since that's one of her favorite desserts, especially in the summer.

I hope you all have a lovely Thursday and enjoy your tea...whether it's out in the garden, at home in a favorite chair, or at work during a well-deserved break :)

Comments (3)

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Good afternoon! I also had tea outside today in the hedge tunnel, I cheated and bought the lemon crunch muffins, orange spice muffins with frosting sound delicious. Wow. If I could trade you one lemon crunch for one orange spice I would, Lass. Plus the September/October issue of Victoria came in the mailbox today too.

After errands in town, I came home and finished the mowing then threw some towels in the dryer. For some reason, I was so tired and sleepy I could barely keep my eyes open. After my first cup of tea I decided to close my eyes for awhile, when I opened them it was dark and cloudy; but soon the sun came out again.

On the cover of Victoria it said, "Our British Issue", but there were only several articles on Wales, beautiful, but not enough for me. One was about the island of Anglesey, where William and Kate have taken up residency. Oh - and it mentions the special tea blend called "Royal Wedding Tea" in honor of the couple. I'm going to order a tin - 30 bags for $12.

My butterfly bushes are blooming, too. Phlox are giving a second flush after dead heading, the Bush Clover shrub has just begun to show blooms here and there and the mum that overwintered is full of buds now. Annuals are still going strong. Down in the orchard Queen Anne's Lace is plentiful along with all kinds of blooming weeds. In Victoria, there is a photo taken in The National Botanic Garden of Wales, showing a "Laburnum Arch" - a 55-meter (how many feet is that?) long row of blooming trees that creates a tunnel effect. Should I call my hedge tunnel "a privet arch" instead of "a hedge tunnel"? I like it. What do you think?

{{gwi:611059}}

{{gwi:611060}}

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Oooo, look!

Here is a link that might be useful: Royal Palaces tea

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

Yum, sounds delicious Lass, for me it's home made tea biscuits with my freezer raspberry jam. Haven't done too much in the garden today except dug a few potatoes for supper, other then that I just puttered around. I'll get back in the groove, digging weeding and wacking tomorrow.
    My flowers are either just coming or going, nothing very exciting at the moment, I do have a small clump of solidaster in bloom, I love this dainty little flower in spite of the fact it's yellow. My daylilies have been a big disappointment this year, just not their year I guess.

Schoolhouse those teas sound yummy, if you order you'll have to let us know how you like it :).

Annette

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County