Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

How about Friday tea this week? :)

lavender_lass
12 years ago

Oops! We were busy today and I completely forgot tea...sorry :)

Anyway, how about Friday tea, instead? Tomorrow, it's supposed to be warm and sunny and I hope to sit out in the fairy garden (in the shade) and have a nice cup of tea, in the afternoon.

How about you? Any plans? Have a lovely Friday and enjoy your tea!

Comments (2)

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Well, I didn't have tea today but I did go buy a new box of Yorkshire Gold which I will definitely plan on brewing a pot of tomorrow.

Last weekend and this week when weather allowed, I got all my beds edged and mulch put down on the shrub edging and leaf mulch on the flower beds to try and trap some of the moisture we finally got the other day/night. Everything perked up so much and now with the cooler weather the colors are deeper. I should trim the boxwood one last time before Fall, and the second week of August might be the best time. Hard to believe it will be September in three weeks.

I have two projects I want to get done - creating a gate out of the piece of fence that stands between a gap in the privet hedge (which means digging post holes -ugh) and painting the new birdhouse I had someone make for me. Tomorrow would actually be the perfect day for painting; but I'll see how I feel about that when I wake up tomorrow morning. :) It may just be a day like Lass's, sitting in the sun with some tea.

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Hooray - I got the ivy trimmed this morning. In some areas, I really chopped and filled a 5gl. bucket.

Opened the fresh box of Yorkshire Gold tea bags this afternoon and decided to make biscuits. I confess, I have never bought biscuits in a tube, but they were on sale; and the picture on the package made them look sooo good. I read directions carefully and peeled off the label, it said to use a spoon to break the seam of the cardboard tube - I didn't have time! It exploded! I screamed. They did bake and brown nicely, but I prefer my homemade.

{{gwi:611271}}

{{gwi:611273}}

Walking down through the hedge tunnel in bare feet with a full tray didn't seem like a good idea.....
    {{gwi:611275}}

.....so I went through the orchard but had to duck under the limb of the old apple tree to get to the little table.
    {{gwi:611277}}

Kitty says, "You have ugly feet Mom".
    {{gwi:611279}}

It's a beautiful afternoon, I looked up from my tea and snapped a pic of a blue sky.
    {{gwi:611280}}

Sponsored