Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazydogs

Weekend Trivia: Saturday

Good morning friends!

Woke to clouds and I am now hoping that means rain for us. I can't decide whether to water anyway. My hydrangea are wilting badly-will they make it one or two more days...hmmm.

So, while I am debating, here is today's question. I decided to do one on music, taking a cue from Nancy since those always seem to be fun.

What 1960s group started out as the Pendletones? They took their name from the heavy woolen shirts made by Pendleton and actually wore them in their first few appearances. I will be back with clues, so if you don't know, just hang loose. I'll be back.

Cynthia

Comments (10)

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    11 years ago

lol. I remember this one - didn't know about the shirts!! Thank goodness they 'changed'!!

Nancy.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Should have known our resident music maven would get this! I will wait to share more clues. Maybe everyone knows it.

First week at school was not bad. We had open house on Friday for the families, so the kiddoes could meet their new teachers. It is always fun to see how they've grown over the summer. I am kind of wishing it could be endless. Oh well.

Cynthia

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    11 years ago

Mornin' guys, peering into my crystal ball all I can see are big waves, one after another pounding the beach. I think it's trying to tell me something :).

Annette

• thinman
    11 years ago

Hi all. I'm a little bit late to the party today. Market this morning, and then I was just out cutting flowers for an extra order to deliver this afternoon --- sunflowers, rudbeckia, zinnias, and some sweet Annie for greens and aroma.

I believe that I bought the first album by the group in question, and they all had on blue plaid shirts. They looked so young back then, just boys, really. ;)

TM

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Aw, I had that album too!

Too easy, huh? I don't remember hearing their original name, so I was hoping maybe you hadn't either.

I imagine Bobbie will know it as well. *sigh*

Cynthia

• thinman
    11 years ago

It's still a cool question, Cynthia. Actually, I didn't remember their original name, but I did remember the shirts.

TM

• mnwsgal
    11 years ago

I am late today as forgot it was trivia day. Cynthia, I did not know this one but the clues make the answer obvious. As a girl I pictured these guys on a surfing board rather than in woolen shirts. And yes, I now know that only one of them ever surfed.

Glad you had a good first week at school. Was you endless reference to that first week, summer, or ha,ha endless growth?

• mnwsgal
    11 years ago

I am late today as forgot it was trivia day. Cynthia, I did not know this one but the clues make the answer obvious. As a girl I pictured these guys on a surfing board rather than in woolen shirts. And yes, I now know that only one of them ever surfed.

Glad you had a good first week at school. Was you endless reference to that first week, summer, or ha,ha endless growth?

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Endless summer was meant to lead you to surfing. I am, however, wishing for at least a longer summer, Bobbie! :) Did you see the movie, Endless Summer? It was a documentary about a guy traveling around the world in search of the perfect wave. Great movie. At least, I thought so when I was in high school. Might be worth watching again just to see how it holds up after so any years.

So, **** for Nancy, Annette, TM, and Bobbie! Yes, the Pendletones became the Beach Boys. Dennis was the surfer. Brian, Carl, and Dennis Wilson used to practice harmonies quietly at night trying not to wake their dad- the brothers shared a bedroom. Their father, Murry Wilson, was a fan of the armories sung by the Four Freshmen. When they cut their first record (Surfing') and received it in the mail, they were shocked to see that their name had been changed to Beach Boys. The rest is history.

Thanks for playing. See you all tomorrow.

Cynthia who wishes she were at the shore watching all the surfers

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    11 years ago

Thanks Cyn - just had to share the music!!!

Nancy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Greatest Hits!!

Sponsored