Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

September Tea

lavender_lass
12 years ago

It's already September and I feel like summer just started! Of course, we have only had warm weather for about six weeks, which is not very long, even in our area :)

What are your plans today? Tea inside or out in the garden? Any wonderful treats bought or baked?

I'm having Earl Grey and it's been so busy, I haven't baked anything...yet, so I'm having an English Muffin. Later today, I plan to make some blueberry muffins (found some nice, fresh blueberries at the store). I should be picking my own, but it's been such a wet spring, they aren't ripe, yet. However, the apples are doing well and with any luck, we'll have blueberries in late September and apples in mid October.

Hope you all have a lovely Thursday and enjoy your tea!

Comments (4)

• luckygal
    12 years ago

It's very fall-like here as yet another 'system' goes thru. Only a bit of rain though so I watered but it was cool and windy so no sitting outdoors. Am on my 3rd cup of tea today, this time Goji berry and had a slice of banana bread and an apple with it.

Nice you have fruit trees and bushes. Hope you get a good crop even if late.

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Luckygal. We have an old apple tree that has been around for decades, but it has wonderful tasting apples. We planted blueberries (I love to use them anywhere I need a small shrub) and purple raspberries. We also have lots of strawberries, but the birds seem to find most of them. Since they're mainly used as a groundcover, that's okay and it brings a lot of birds into the kitchen garden :)

I hope you have a nice, warm autumn to make up for the cool summer. Sometimes we get those beautiful Septembers and early Octobers, where it's 75 degrees and sunny. I'm hoping that's what we have this year.

There's still so much to do, before winter...I have shrubs and perennials on the porch, I need to plant. My bench is still a work in progress and there's always more weeding to do. If I get everything tidied up, I may find room for more bulbs! LOL

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

Yesterday was cloudy and cool, we had tea and toffee chocolate crunch cookies around 3. We heard from the tree service they're coming to take down the old ornamental cherry at the top end of the garden in a couple of days soooo, I'm busy clearing a path for them to drag the branches not used for firewood through the yard and out front where the chipper will be.

It's going to let a lot more light into this part of the garden once the tree is down. Some plants will have to be moved to a shadier spot but not until spring.

Like you Lass I still have plants to plant, lots of weeding and tidying up to do before the rain starts. So far the latter part of summer has been gorgeous here, not too hot, not too cool in the evenings, just right. I have my fingers crossed for a nice fall.

Luckygal I love, love, love your totem birdbath you showed in the garden art thread, I want :). You say the birds won't use it, what if you put a little bit of that epoxy coated aquarium gravel in it, they might if they can see a bottom.

Annette

• luckygal
    12 years ago

Thanks Annette! If I lived closer to you I'd give you one! They are really easy to make, especially the short birdbath type so find a few pieces of glass, get some GE Silicone II and you can easily have one!

I've tried those tiny pebbles but they still didn't use it. I think if the other birdbath weren't there they might. The plastic one is on a 6' post so perhaps they feel safer higher up.