Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Thursday Tea...last Thursday in September

lavender_lass
12 years ago

It's warmer today and expected to be sunny and in the 70s for the next three days...then rain and 60 degrees. It will probably warm up one more time in early October, then it's usually cool weather and more rain, even snow, by the end of the month.

While it still nice weather, I'm planning an extension to my 'kitchen garden' for next year. My plan is to lay hay out over the areas I want to add as beds (lawn now) and hope it rots down the grass, over the winter. This should make it much easier to turn under and plant, in the spring.

With our short 'frost free' summer (usually June, July and a few weeks in August) it looks like a good idea to plant more perennials and shrubs, especially raspberries and blueberries. I would still like to have some veggie beds, but for now, I think I'll stick with a smaller area for those.

So, today I'm having fun planning and then out to weed a little, after work. While I'm planning, I'm having a wonderful cup of Earl Grey and enjoying the last of our summer :)

Hope you have a lovely Thursday and enjoy your tea!

Comments (2)