Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
girlgroupgirl

Do you remember Boo Boo Kitty?

girlgroupgirl
13 years ago

Do you remember tails of my sweet Boo Boo Kitty from several years ago?

I just wanted to let you know she has lymphoma again. Her spleen is once again enlarged, kidneys are effected, her entire small intestine is tumorous (which means she is starving, but can't get nutrition from food so is so skinny now).

She's been put on a small dose of steroid on Friday, and a new vet is supposed to come to the home with some Chinese herbs..however I'm a bit distressed as she has not called but said she would. She's a wonderful vet (Bippy sees her).

If you don't know Boo Boo, she is a cat with quite a history. After a trip to Toronto, she came to us and stayed under our car a few days while we fed her. I asked her to bring me her babies (she was lactating) and she brought me Monkee and put him in my hands. She and I have been best friends ever since, but have had our moments. When Boo came to us she had slipped back into heat - and I had to have her fixed immediately. This meant staying up over 72 hours straight with her CATTERWAILING to get out. Finally I couldn't stand it any more and let her out. She went and peed in the herb bed, came right back in and laid on my lap (for the first time). After that she was an in and out cat.

Then she had the seizure. Was hardly able to breathe. It was heartworm and they were dying in her. We rushed her to emergency, they put her in an iron lung and she survived.

A few years later, Boo was out on one of her galavants and ended up with a nail right through the bottom of her chin. It took her days to show me...by then it was infected, blood infection - a mess. Thank God for that vet, Boo Boo survived.

About a year after that our good friends decided to get married in Las Vegas so my DH and I went to "stand up" for them. During that time Boo Boo escaped the cat sitter and was outside with a boyfriend for a week straight. The cat sitter had not even noticed (or I would have flown right back home!) - a year later Boo Boo came down with Lymphoma. Boyfriend had been carrying Feline Leukemia which Boo had been inoculated for, but sometimes it mutates. She had spleen lymphoma and went through radiation for just over a year. It was a very tough time for us all, but Boo did great.

She was with me during my operation, when I broke my foot, anytime I'm sick - Boo Boo doesn't leave my side. We've been bonded since the day she came to us, there is no mistaking who her human is!

So now lymphoma is back and it's time for Boo to go to Kitty Heaven. I will not put her through chemo again, and face doing that repeatedly for my own sake to keep her around. I do feel terrible for her son, who we have kept. Monkee LOVES his mama, and it will be so difficult when she is gone.

But as Boo Boo won't leave me when I am sick, I won't leave her. She's my baby girl, such a great cat. Turned from the scrappiest, mangiest insane feral feline into the most gentle, loving 100% companion. I have 5 more babies, but I will miss her.

Comments (18)

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    13 years ago

OH GGG - my eyes are tearing as I type!! So hard to lose one of those soft purry guys. She has had quite a life, thanks to you. She will be with you, in her babies!!
    (((((HUGS)))))

Nancy.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

I'm like Nancy, I'm fighting back tears. I remember when Boo was going through the original bout, pulling through the ordeal, having to become an indoor Kitty.
    She was so lucky to have found you, she couldn't of found a better home. We've all gone through what you're going through right now, such a sad time but know in your heart you were the best thing that ever happened to her (((BIG HUGS))).

Annette

• Eduarda
    13 years ago

Of course I remember Boo Boo, who could forget the stories you posted of her through the years? I'm crying as I type this, I hope I never have to go through an ordeal such as yours. I can only imagine what you're going through at the moment. My heart goes out to you and Boo Boo.

Eduarda

• FlowerLady6
    13 years ago

Love and hugs to you dear GGG. It is always so hard saying goodbye. You filled each others lives with lots of love, laughter and friendship. Those memories are tucked in your heart.

FlowerLady

• girlgroupgirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Boo Boo is having vitamin B12 shots, taking accupuncture, eating very well (cream, tuna, cheese...) and taking chinese herbal tea pills along with a low dose of prednesone and we are seeing huge differences in her quality of life. She is "normal" again in every aspect. It's amazing. Gaining weight, happy, playful, lovey, attention seeking. It's been wonderful to see that even with cancer she can enjoy herself. I hope this is the way we go. It would be thankful just to wake up one morning and find that she has slipped quietly into her next existence.

13 years ago

Now that bit of news has just made my day, 2 thumbs up for Boo Boo Kitty.

Annette

• Eduarda
    13 years ago

Me too, what good news, GGG! So happy to hear Boo Boo is feeling better and even gaining some weight. Gentle hugs to her.

Eduarda

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    13 years ago

What wonderful news!! It's amazing how resilient bodies can be!! May you get your wish.

Nancy.

• girlgroupgirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Boo Boo Kitty continues to do very well! She's back to laying on my feet at night, and for the first time ever is cuddling up in me if I read or watch TV. She's laid on me the last few years but not cuddled in a ball nestled in my arms or anything. She does that now. She seems happy and is trying to make me laugh (she loves me laughing and clapping my hands at her) by screwing up her tail in a corkscrew and running around like a crazy woman. It's been wonderful to have the kitten in her back for awhile! She even started a game of "I dare you to touch me and if you do I will kick your booty" last night.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Phew. From tears to joy in so few posts! I am so happy for you, Monkee, and Boo Boo Kitty! Hope she stays healthy for a long time.

• memo3
    13 years ago

GGG, I also remember Boo Boo Kitty and all of the tales she has been through. I wonder how she is doing now as it's been a few days since you've posted. I'm so happy that she can feel so well while she is so sick. What a blessing!

MeMo

• girlgroupgirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Memo, thanks for asking. Remarkably, she's still here. I was afraid for her for a few days. She got very quiet and only stayed on the sofa. She is a funny kitty and gets her feelings hurt so easily. I think she was PO-ed that my DH's parents came but went out with him and didn't spend the day here. She loves them! So this morning I picked her up (she usually hates that) and told her it was either back to normal or I let the doctor know we had quality of life issues. Wouldn't you know, she gets up, eats and goes to the toilet. Then drinks.
    I went out, came home and here she is again, eating and drinking, sitting beside me and interested in the birds outside. She was just in Boo Boo funk! Today I'll go and get some more lobster and clam dinner - her favorite!

• girlgroupgirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Boo Boo Kitty passed away yesterday. She stopped eating and began getting pain in her stomach. She was very uncomfortable and so I took her in and had her laid to rest.
    Tomorrow we will get her ashes and put them in the herb garden by her favorite rock she used to lay on every day to sun herself and keep guard of the garden.
    She was a very special pet to me, my shadow, my buddy. I will miss her.

13 years ago

It's such a sad day when one has to say goodbye, You gave Boo Boo the best life she could ever have had. Yes, she will be missed but never forgotten.

(((Hugs)))
    Annette

• memo3
    13 years ago

GGG, I am so sorry for your loss. We will all remember BooBoo Kitty for a very long time. Thank you for sharing her life with us.

MeMo

• plantmaven
    13 years ago

I am so sorry. It is difficult to give up our fur babies.

Kathy

• FlowerLady6
    13 years ago

GGG ~ I too am sorry for your loss of Boo Boo Kitty.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    13 years ago

Ah GGG - I am so sorry for your loss. It is so sad, but as others have said, she had a great life with you, and did not suffer terribly. You will always think of her happy in that part of your garden. (((HUGS)))).

Nancy,

Sponsored