Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thinman_gw

If you like Payday candy bars, you'll love this.

thinman
15 years ago

This is a silly little post, but it's kind of slow around here right now, except for Caroline's activity -- whew! Have you ever tried mixing candy corn with salted peanuts? It really tastes a lot like a Payday and it's a good way to use up any candy corn you may have left over from Halloween.

That's it.

ThinMan

Comments (14)

• sierra_z2b
    15 years ago

Hmmpt! I don't know what a Payday candy bar is and I don't know what candy corn is. LOL MMMMM on salted peanuts...but bbq peanuts are even better. But in actual fact I can't eat all that salt. :(

Off to have a salt free cappucinno. :)

Sierra

• DYH
    15 years ago

Ooo...interesting! I do mix raisinettes and peanuts! Just a dash of chocolate for me! Candy Corn is so sweet...I can remember as a kid that it made my teeth hurt! LOL I loved Payday bars and haven't had one in years!

Yep...we've got to find some entertainment for winter! In trying to keep my blog going through the "indoor" days, I'm reaching out to guest writers and using hardscape, public gardens, events, etc. to find material to keep my loyal readers entertained. Trying to post an article a day is starting to feel like work instead of a hobby! LOL

Cameron

• thinman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sierra, you poor deprived little thing. Here's what you are missing.

{{gwi:614070}}

It's salty and sweet, which tastes better than it sounds. You probably would have to avoid it though, if salt is a problem for you. I love salty things and probably eat way more than I should, but so far my doc hasn't sentenced me to a low-salt diet.

ThinMan

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    15 years ago

Geez, I didn't know what a Payday was either, look at all those peanuts yummmmmmmy. I try to stay away from salt and too much sugar but every once in awhile I weaken :o). Do we even have these up here or are they only state side? I'll have to look, I use to love Eatmores haven't had one for years.

Annette

• sierra_z2b
    15 years ago

Mouth watering here now. lol. It looks like an OH Henry without the chocolate.

Annette, Maybe they don't sell them up here. Do we have candy corn?

Sierra...off to eat an apple now. (giggle) and back to work.

• User
    15 years ago

TM.....I would love one of those ! My brother has a bag of mixed miniature candy bars on the top of the fridge. I have to use the step stool to reach but that hasn't stopped me.

Only did 2 laps in the park today as it was spitting snow flurries and COLD and windy. Tomorrow though off to Nyack again with a friend as the ride to Scarsdale was cancelled.

More photos to come. :) c

• PattiOH
    15 years ago

Mmmmm ThinMan! Payday was my FAVORITE as a kid. They are sooooo good! That wonderful salty/sweet combo. I think I stopped eating them right about the time I discovered boys. But I'll be sure to share your recipe with my co-workers who seem to eat everything.

Speaking of candy corn. I always ate each kernel one color stripe at a time. Anyone else do this? (CONFESS!!!)
    Patti

• georich5
    15 years ago

I used to buy all the Paydays out of the vending machine in the study room back in college cause I guess I was the only one who liked them.

Patti--I caught DH teaching 3 year old DGD the correct way to eat candy corn. One color at a time...always starting at the point! Oh, we corrupt them so early.

Thanks T'man, for the idea.

georgeanne

• lorna-organic
    15 years ago

I don't often buy candybars, but Payday is one I would buy. I did buy a bag of candy corn this year with the little pumpkins mixed in, couldn't resist that trip down memory lane. I don't have any peanuts, but I have salted cashews. I'm going to give it a try, TM, thanks!

:-) Lorna

• thinman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

For our dear Canadian friends and other confection-deprived nationalities, let me present candy corn.

{{gwi:614072}}

And, in the believe-it-or-not department, today is actually, no-foolin', National Candy Corn Day. I kid you not. This is according to the National Confectioners Association, and I'm sure they wouldn't lie about it. Too bad it wasn't Nov. 1. It would have made a good trivia question.

Patti, I used to eat them a layer at a time, but eventually gluttony prevailed and I just throw a bunch in my maw now, preferably with peanuts.

Lorna - cashews sound even better. How are they?

Annette - Eatmores? Maybe we're the confection-deprived country. I haven't heard of them.

Georgeanne - You're right. Ya gotta start at the pointy end.

DW is calling me for din-din.

Ciao.

TM

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    15 years ago

TM, Eat-mores are a really tasty chewy treat :o). A

Here is a link that might be useful: Eat-mores

• sierra_z2b
    15 years ago

Hahahaha this is so funny. I asked DH if he had ever heard of candy corn....and he said it is the same as cracker jacks. Then I read about eating colours....and I was thinking hmmmm that doesn't sound right.

A candy education....thanks TM. lol

Sierra

• thinman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Annette- I went to the Hershey Canada site and I saw Eat-Mores! They sound really good. Maybe I should take a little road trip up to Ontario and see if I can find some. It's less than two hours from here -- just up through the U.P. to Sault Ste. Marie and across the International Bridge.

I also noticed that the Hershey Canada site doesn't list Paydays, even though they are sold by Hershey in the U.S. I guess that explains why you and Sierra have never had one.

TM

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    15 years ago

Hey, TM - do the road trip quick - the Hershey Canada site closes soon - very close to me. Hopefully Nestle or,someone will buy the plant!!

Nancy - who loves Eatmores.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida