Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ianna_gw

favorite tv shows??/

ianna
13 years ago

Hi all,

What do you like to watch on TV?

I've been watching a series called Larkrise to Candelfoot on PBC and found it funny and wonderful... Anyone else see it? It's kind of cottagey set in possibly Edwardian England...

Any other shows?

Ianna

Comments (16)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

Doc Martin has to be/is my favorite tv show. There isn't another actor that could play the part of Doc Martin the way Martin Clunes does, it is so hilariously funny. Two more english shows I like are Heartbeat and Midsomer Murders. I'll have to see if Larkrise to Candlefoot is on our lineup here, sounds like another good one.

Annette

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    13 years ago

I just got into the Ghost Whisperer series, which has been canceled but theres a few seasons for me to watch. I love it! My dh and i watch Modern Family , The Middle, and The office religiously. I also like the new show Mike and Molly alot.

We really love comedies here. I feel like life is so stressful as it is so i dont care for action shows or too much drama shows. And we compete against eachother on Wheel of Fortune which is alot of fun!

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    13 years ago

I too like Midsomer Murders and Heartbeat - haven't seen them in a while. I am completely addicted to Dexter. I got into it online!! I also loved Medium. I never really got into Ghost Whisperer.

Nancy.

• natal
    13 years ago

Modern Family is my favorite comedy! Also like Glee, The Good Wife, CSI (Las Vegas), Grey's Anatomy, The Mentalist, Medium, Men of a Certain Age, and Rescue Me.

13 years ago

The one's I currently like from this side of the pond are Blue Bloods, CSI(Miami), Outlaw, Bones, Dancing with the Stars and Garden of Eden.
    I've got into the habit of buying complete seasons of the show I really like/liked, then I can watch them without commercials :). Murder She Wrote is a real favorite of mine, JAG, Magnum PI, Hart to Hart, Matt Huston, Cannon and right now we're watching episodes of the Commish.
    We seem to have acquired quite a DVD collection including a lot of old black and white movies but it's just a drop in the bucket compared to the wall of DVD's our daughter and son-in-law have.

Annette

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    13 years ago

Annette - instead of paying, if your internet is fast enough, go to this site and you can watch it free. My favourie price!! It's pretty cool. You will learn which providers have the best speeds, etc. Another Brit TV show I forgot about is New Tricks - I watch it on here.

Nancy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Free TV and Movies

• lavender_lass
    13 years ago

Annette- I like Blue Bloods, too. Tom Selleck is always wonderful, but the whole cast is great.

My grandmother loved Murder She Wrote, so I still enjoy watching the reruns. Hart to Hart was always fun. Do you ever watch Undercovers? It kind of reminds me of Hart to Hart in the CIA.

My favorite shows are Burn Notice, White Collar, Leverage, The Closer and Justified...all on cable. The remake of Hawaii 5-0 and Castle are both good too, on CBS and ABC (at the same time) tonight. LOL Thank goodness for DVR!

Masterpiece Mystery is fun, especially when they have Agatha Christie. I also like Sherlock Holmes and Rosemary and Thyme...how can you not like gardening and mystery? :)

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    13 years ago

We have picked up a few new shows to watch this season. Blue Bloods is enjoyable. One of the sons, used to be on the show American Dreams which was one of my favorite shows awhile back. We enjoy Castle, which is kind of light and has a little comedy. The Mentalist and The Good Wife and Parenthood are our favorites this year. We are warming up to Hawaii 5-0.

We were enjoying Burn Notice the first season, but the second season started to get stale. I do enjoy the characters and the cast. The Closer is another favorite when that is on. We enjoy the craziness of The Middle. What a group! They do make us laugh.

I just discovered Numbers on reruns over the summer. I hadn't watched it before. That was a nice cast and an interesting situation with two sons living at home with a dad, one working for the FBI and one a Math professor. Some of that cast showed up in the new show The Whole Truth this fall, but I think it was just canceled.

My Mom used to never miss a Murder She Wrote and we would watch that and Cannon, and Matlock among others. DH and I love TCM. Can always find a classic on. They just don't make them that way any more.

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

Thanks for the free TV link! I like some seasons of some shows but I do not watch TV regularly, I do not follow any particular shows, usually I'm out in the garden or have my nose in a book. I do like British TV, Larkrise is a good show! And when I need a pick me up I watch older British shows like the crazy comedy about the super hero.

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    13 years ago

GGG - Thermal Man?? I loved that show!! The actor is Irish, and I hear his voice in commercials every now and again, and I think "Thermal Man"!!!!

Nancy.

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

Thermoman, Nancy! Yep, I love that show.

• ianna
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wow.. I've been away far too long..

No one mentioned Big Bang Theory. That one is hillarious..

I love comedies, some drama like House, CSI, Blue Bloods, the Tudors, I also like history stuff

I like watching scary shows too so My Ghost Stories for one.

13 years ago

DH bought me the Rosemary and Thyme series for Christmas one year. Rough Diamond starring David Jason (A Touch of Frost) is another good english one to watch if you can find it.
    I watch a lot of the old black and white shows from the 40's on TCM. Mystery and suspense are my favorites along with adventures on the high seas. You can catch a lot of movies that haven't been released on DVD there. I watched The Hawaiians not too long ago and then there's the oldie Frenchman's Creek starring Joan Fontaine. Oooops I'm straying from the topic once again, Think TV shows Annette LOL.
    Anyone watch Barnaby Jones when it was on? And of course let's not forget Magnum PI, what a cast, they all played off each other beautifully. I'm sure I could rattle on forever but that's it for now.

Annette

• natal
    13 years ago

Ianna, dh likes Big Bang Theory. The little I've seen of it reminds me of another great comedy ... 3rd Rock.

• ianna
    Original Author
    13 years ago

What does everyone think of Glee? To be honest, I had liked it but now it seems so preachy with it's own brand of morals? I've started to stay away from it. It's just too bad. My young daughter loves the dancing and singing part but now it's gotten far to risque to even show it to her.. I usually PVR it, but now I've decided remove it from my list of favored shows.

• natal
    13 years ago

I love Glee! It's a refreshing change. I don't see anything preachy.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm