Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

Thursday Tea

schoolhouse_gw
13 years ago

Lavender Lass must be too busy to take tea yet today, so thought I'd start the thread.

First thing this morning I was able to get my car into the dealership for an oil change, and I was hoping to be home by noon to start planting bulbs. There has been an annoying sound for a couple of weeks under the car, so they checked that out and found the exhaust hanger was broken - again. I should have checked that right off. Oh well, it could have been worse. So that took another half hour to repair and $40.

When I got home I changed and went straight out to plant. Got all the daffodil bulbs in the ground then decided to plant some lily bulbs in the courtyard garden. The area I wanted to plant them in was crowded with candytuft, so had to cut that way back and dig up the soil behind it for the lilies.

It was 70degrees and sunny, so by this time I was hot and sweaty. Took off my jacket and finished planting. After that came in and sat down for awhile - and that's when I started to feel chilled. Shouldn't have taken my jacket off outside. A hot shower, clean clothes and a cup of Twinings "Orange Bliss" tea really made me feel better. Oh, and the apple fritter didn't hurt either! I enjoyed both while watching the afternoon news on TV.

This was a new tea to me, found it at the grocery store yesterday; wish it was in loose form instead of bags. I only used one bag and let it steep near 5min. and altho the color was dark, I thought it tasted weak. Lots of orange flavor tho.

{{gwi:615169}}

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations