Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thinman_gw

Weekend Trivia - Sunday

thinman
13 years ago

Broadening the topic to all North American cities, let's see if you can get this one. What is the only walled city north of Mexico?

ThinMan

Comments (17)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

Ahhhhhh, me thinks I know this one :).

Annette

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Hmmm...have a guess. Est-ce qu'on y parle francais?

13 years ago

Cyn I don't parle francais but I think we're on the same track :).

Annette

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Oh, we are just so brilliant! ;)

• thinman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Est-ce qu'on y parle francais?

oui

13 years ago

... and using my handy dandy little translator...
    C'est aussi dans une autre province du même nom, I hope this came out right, I'm quitting now before I get myself into BIG trouble LOL.

Annette

• sierra_z2b
    13 years ago

Ooppss I forgot all about trivia again.

I know I know. lol

Sierra

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

D'accord, Annette! I agree! I think we are all of the same mind. Can't believe I have never been there and it is relatively close for us-at least, closer to us than to B.C. anyway. Not sure how close you are, TM and Sierra. I have been just over the border in the province of the same name, though.

• thinman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The answer is Québec City.

{{gwi:616127}}

for Annette, Cynthia, and Sierra(yes?).

Good job my friends.
    Thanks for playing trivia this weekend.

TM

• sierra_z2b
    13 years ago

Yes I knew this one. I have friends that live in Quebec City and I get photos from there all the time.

Cyn, I grew up close to the province of Quebec...Ontario. I'm as far away from Quebec as Annette now.

Sierra

• thinman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The farthest east I have been in Canada is Toronto. DW has Montreal in her sights as a future destination, and has mentioned Nova Scotia a time or two.

TM

13 years ago

LOL, the farthest east in Canada I've been is Kamloops B.C. I've been to Washington State, Oregon, Arizona and Texas though. Also Colorado if sitting in a plane on the runway counts and.... if that counts California should too, I actually had my feet on the ground there, had to change planes :).

Annette

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Sounds like you all are way overdue for a trip east. Lots of room here if Washington DC is ever a destination, although I would opt for Quebec (not really east at all come to think of it) given my druthers!! :)

Thanks for the stars TM. Always fun.

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

My friend and I went to Quebec City once, and we had a good time. I loved it there, esp. the old city. We took the carriage ride about the city, unfortunately my friend was not the romantic type and I ended up forcing him to go and paying for the ride! Afterward he was glad he'd agreed to go.

Also got the giggles and almost ticked off our French waiter in a restaurant because we could not understand his "coffee or sugar pie?" question, because of his accent. He had to repeat it over and over to Mike. Mike wasn't trying to be rude, he was actually very embarrassed. The next day we crossed the street so we didn't have to walk past that restaurant! ha ha, it was one of our favorite memories.

We also traveled to Toronto one year to an Eros Ramazzotti concert at the Maple Leaf.

My friend passed away four years ago yesterday. I'm glad I have those memories.

• thinman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Schoolhouse, I had to look up sugar pie. I thought it was just an expression of endearment - didn't know it was a real kind of pie. It sounds like it's pretty much a pecan pie without the pecans. I could go for some of that, especially with a nice hot cup of coffee to cut the sweetness.

That was a cute story. Sorry about your friend Mike.

TM

13 years ago

Sugar pie, my DH loves it, too sweet for me.

Annette

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    13 years ago

Missed this one last week!! You must go to Quebec City. imho, it is much nicer, friendlier that Montreal. Stay within the walled city - you can walk everywhere. The food is beyond compare. If you can afford it, stay at the Chateau Frontenac - superbe!!! If not, try the Manoir Victora - they have the best brunch in the city!! If you have a car, drive up the St. Lawrence to Point au Pic, the Sagenuay river. The whale-watching is amazing!! The Hotel Tadoussac is where the movie 'Hotel new Hampshire was filmed. It is a little old and down in the mouth, but a great location!!

Nancy, the old travel agent!!! lol. btw, sugar pie is actually where pecan pie came from, I think. It was the Acadians/Cajuns who took is south.

Sponsored