Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazydogs

Weekend Trivia: Sunday

Good morning cottagers!

It is cold and grey here today. Perfect day for staying cozy in bed with a book. Too bad there is no time for that! The weather folk of yesterday's question are saying that we will have rain for the next several days, so I want to get out today to look for some little things for everyone. No big gifts any more here. We already have so much.

Anyway, on to our trivia. Hospitals have a new way to battle infections which are rampant within their walls. In fact, an uncle of mine had a heart attack several years ago and contracted MERSA in the hospital which killed him. This is a pretty clever solution. Ideas?

Cynthia

Comments (11)

• thinman
    9 years ago

I think I read about this recently. Will see if clues agree with the idea. ( I think there was one already.)

It's gray here too, and cold, Cynthia, with maybe an inch or two of snow. We probably will have a white Christmas, as usual. In fact, our Christmas may be a little too white and windy for comfort, depending on the timing of the storm that is coming.

TM

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good morning TM! I just realized that I need to go check Nancy's trivia from yesterday. Can't wait to see what a Colorado Low is. Thinking it must have to do with a valley. Wonder if there is such a thing as a Sierra Nevada Low which might have to do with weather in a canyon. ðÂÂÂ

Cynthia

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Okay, I cannot seem to be making any progress with my cleaning. Time to get out and pick up a few things. I am going to get little gifts for two of our neighbors at the very least. I was thinking about some good old-fashioned fudge, but will probably go a little healthier. Maybe. I wonder if all those old fudge shops are still in business...

Cynthia

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

One more thought before I go...

TM, you are so good a sleuthing (is that a word?) out clues. You would probably say that the answer to this trivia question is element-
    ary...

This post was edited by cyn427 on Sun, Dec 21, 14 at 14:12

• thinman
    9 years ago

Or maybe law enforcement-ary.

TM

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    9 years ago

Cynthia - you should have been at our house last week - it smelled like the kitchen at Santa's workshop!! After a gift of fudge last Christmas that was expensive but not that tasty, Joyce decided to do home-made fudge and candies for her family!! Oh, my waistline - quality control, you know.
    I know a little about staph infections and MRSA - nasty little things and hard to control if you are not careful.

I am hoping to get to my drs tomorrow, to get some antibiotics. Time is not curing this, so a whole bottle of pills should do the trick - I hope.

Nancy.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Nancy, quality control is a necessary and very important job! I am proud of you for taking on that challenge! Does Joyce use a big old kettle?

TM, man, you are so clever!

Cynthia

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

TM, looks like you and I were the only ones playing today! It is a busy time of year, I guess. So, for you four stars. Indeed, copper is being touted as a way to prevent infections in hospitals. I wonder if hospitals that use copper will be the target of thieves stealing the copper to sell it! Hope not. I actually put a length of copper wire in my two large bird baths to keep the algae from forming. Pretty cool.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ancient science today

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh, Nancy, meant to say that I hope you feel better and the doc gives you something to hasten your recovery!

I also wish a Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it and a happy, healthy, fun new year for all of us!

Cynthia

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    9 years ago

I didn't get to play today, had too much to do. Copper you say, sounds like they're on to something. DH and I have been trying a new copper based arthritis cream and I have to say it's the best thing I've ever tried. Our local pharmacy is carrying it. It's not cheap but if it doesn't work you can get a refund.
    From our house to yours have a very merry Christmas, see you all next week.

Annette

• thinman
    9 years ago

The story I saw showed a hospital bed with copper covered rails. I didn't know that copper metal had such anti-bacterial properties, which makes me wonder what other metals might work as well or better.

Thanks for the fun question, Cynthia. Merry Christmas to you and the rest of the cottage pack.

TM

Sponsored
Custom Residential Homes & Full Service Renovations