Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Christmas Tea :)

lavender_lass
13 years ago

It's Thursday...two days before Christmas...so what are your plans for today? Do they include a break for tea?

I'll be having tea at the same time (4pm ET) while baking Christmas cookies! Shortbread cookies with frosting, for Christmas Eve with my husband's family. We all bring different cookies and candy and have a huge table of treats!

So, spiced teas today? Maybe peppermint? Anyone have Christmas tea cups/china? Hope you have a wonderful afternoon and I hope to 'see' you for tea :)

Comments (11)

• soxxxx
    13 years ago

I would like some eggnog today.

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

Two days until Christmas, hard to believe. I only have a Christmas teacup, no teapot(maybe Santa is listening?); so I thought maybe I'd use some of my red and white china.

Had a busy day today, up early and picked up a friend to visit another in a nursing home an hour away. Everything went fine until on the way home I missed our exit and had to drive 5miles out of the way to get back on track. By then the snow was starting to blow,and we were glad when we reached Wayne County and our neck of the woods.

I put on the kettle for coffee and then read Lass's post - uh oh. Tea instead, and happy that I changed my mind. Right now the snow is really coming down but so beautifully. Not sure if you can see out the window, but I tried to capture it. Feels so good to come home to a warm cup of tea and a cozy house and settle down for the evening.

Merry Christmas to all our Thursday Tea gathering.

{{gwi:618149}}

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Soxxxx- Now, that sounds like Christmas! :)

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Schoolhouse- We must have posted at the same time. Your picture is so inviting. Beautiful china and I love the ottoman. Your view out the window looks a lot like mine :)

What type of tea are you having...and is that a sugar cookie? Looks like the perfect way to spend the afternoon.

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

I opted for my favorite - Lady Grey. No, that is not a sugar cookie but a mincemeat filled cookie. They got a little too brown on the bottom (spelled "b-u-r-n-t), so my idea to give some to friends isn't going to happen. Oh, well - more for me. My friend gave me a chocolate zuchinni bread, a Friendship cake, some brownies and some fudge! The cakes I'll put in the freezer so I'll be able to have something sweet with my tea for at least several weeks. ;)

Shortbread cookies with frosting sound fantastic, which tea did you decide on? soxxxx - becr made Raspberry Eggnog, she posted on The Kitchen Table forum here on GW. mmmmmmm.

I used to collect red/white cups and saucers and plates. Broke several of my favorites because as you know I use my things. The teapot is new however, that is, not antique.

• natal
    13 years ago

Schoolhouse, I just went searching for Becky's recipe on the Kitchen Table and couldn't find a single post by her on that forum.

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

natal, that's probably because I told you wrong - it's on THIS forum under the "Holiday Baking" thread. Sorry!

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Schoolhouse- Too bad about your mincemeat cookies, but it looks good in the picture :)

Raspberry eggnog sounds good...my mom would LOVE that! Thanks for the idea.

I'm baking the shortbread cookies today. They are really tasty, especially with the frosting! Yesterday, I ended up making a last minute gift, but I just have a little wrapping left to do and then...baking! I love the way the house smells, when Christmas cookies are in the oven.

• BecR
    13 years ago

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!

{{gwi:618151}}

• loisthegardener_nc7b
    13 years ago

A little late, but here we are, with some pralines.

{{gwi:453726}}

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

A golden angel, a red and green arrangement, pretty china and sweet tidbits - I feel as though I'm browsing Victoria magazine! So pretty - Merry Christmas Day everyone. May we always have beauty in our lives.

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor