Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Cross post to farmhouse/kitchen plans :)

lavender_lass
13 years ago

I just posted my (hopefully) final farmhouse and kitchen plans, on the Small Homes forum.

Here's a link, if anyone is interested. Thanks for taking the time to look and I appreciate any suggestions and comments :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Farmhouse/kitchen plans

Comments (6)

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well, I'm pretty happy with this plan...so back to gardening :)

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Summerfield drew up my design with computer software! It's beautiful and I love it...what a thoughtful thing to do. There are some wonderful people on the GW :)

{{gwi:618183}}

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I took some pictures of the snow today...and here's a picture of my little farmhouse. It does exist! LOL

Please ignore the shed and the roof looks a little funny, because my husband and his friends put sheet metal over the roof, in anticipation of all this snow. Our friend and GC told me to come up with a plan, of what I wanted to do with the house, so they'd know how to repair the roof next spring. (If I wanted a two story, why put money into the roof, if I'm going to rip it off?) Anyway, this beautiful plan should give him a good idea...and we can get the roof replaced :)

Thanks for looking and have a great New Year!

{{gwi:618185}}

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

The plans done on the software look fantastic.

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Schoolhouse- Isn't the plan beautiful? A very nice person, going by Summerfield Designs, on the 'Building a New Home' forum did that for me.

She(?) even asked me if there were any changes I wanted to make, so I asked about a couple of things...very minor. What a wonderful person and such a thoughtful thing to do :)

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Summerfield suggested a few changes and I asked for a few...so here's my slightly amended floor plan. The laundry area looks great, the woodstove is a better fit and I love the bathroom.

I described what I wanted, then finally found the picture I was looking for, so Summerfield did the drawing, without seeing the picture.

This is a beautiful bath, but a little fancier than my tastes. The tub is perfect, but one set of drapes and one light fixture would be fine...and beadboard, rather than wainscoating...but hopefully, you get the idea. Summerfield is so talented...and so nice, to do this :)

{{gwi:618187}}

{{gwi:618189}}

Across from the toilet, I want to put in an armoire style storage...something like this, but maybe a little smaller.

{{gwi:618190}}

Sponsored
Franklin County's Preferred Architectural Firm | Best of Houzz Winner