Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

First tea of December :)

lavender_lass
13 years ago

Tomorrow is the first Thursday in December. Any special plans for tea? I'm planning to have tea around 4 pm PT, so if anyone wants to visit, I'll be here :)

Last week was fun, so hopefully, we'll get people back to visit this week, too!

Comments (20)

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

That is supposed to say 4 pm ET...1 pm PT. Same time as last week :)

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

Tomorrow at 1pm I go to my dr.appt and I'll find out the results of my glucose test. If I snap a photo of my tea tray with a big ole' brownie or an apple fritter on it - you'll know the test was negative! ha. "See" you tomorrow afternoon then.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

Fingers crossed for you Christine, I just had the same test last month, mine came back negative. If I'm home it will be tea at 1 PST :).

Annette

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Schoolhouse- I'll be thinking of you today and hoping to see that apple fritter!

Hope to see you both at 1pm PT :)

• BecR
    13 years ago

Good morning ladies! Here's a quickie photo of my breakfast tea and apple-streusel muffin. :)

Will try to join in later this afternoon...XX Becky

{{gwi:618852}}

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Becky- Love the kitty mug! Very cute :)

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

Glucose test result in: NEGATIVE!

In fact she was pleased with all my lab values and said they were "excellent" - even my cholesterol. She said I must have great genes because of those good cholesterol values.

{{gwi:618854}}

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yippeeee!!!!! That's wonderful news! :)

Very cute December tea cup and saucer! Love the apple fritter...and now there are many more to come.

I'm so glad you found out there's nothing to worry about...and now you know your numbers are better than okay...they're great!

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

Thanks Lass, and thanks Annette for the good luck. Honestly, I was worried about the test, altho I've had no real symptoms it's just that my weight fluctuates so much and diabetes is in my family (on my Dad's side).

Your swirled teapot is lovely becr, and the mug precious. Of course my eye fell on the muffin right away. ;)

Just dragged my artificial Christmas tree in from the garage and put it in the library room. That's as much as I'm going to do tonight other than plug in the lights. Pretty sure the bottom strand is out, as I remember that from last year. It went out the last few days before I took the tree down.

At least I don't have to bring in the boxes of ornaments from the garage, I made room for them behind the door in the computer room year before last. SO much easier. I would like to buy a lighted wreath this year for the schoolhouse door, Lowes has a nice one for $19.99. For the garden gate wreath, I'll just remove some of the fall leaves and bits on it now and add fresh pine and other greens from the garden shrubs. Maybe a red ribbon.

• BecR
    13 years ago

Thanks LL.

That's GREAT news Schoolhouse!!! I bet you are so relieved. Now you can enjoy all the holiday goodies, without any worries.:)

Love the beautiful holiday teacup set and that apple fritter is calling to me...

13 years ago

Great news Christine, I missed tea at one so how about tea at 2:15. We went out for lunch and did a bit of shopping, I've just finished making my curry sauce for supper soooo, while that is simmering on the stove I have time for a cup of tea and maybe a crumpet with homemade raspberry jam, or a cranberry muffin, or maybe a couple of blueberry brown sugar cookies, decisions, decisions, decisions :).

Annette

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Annette- If you're going to list that many goodies...you may have to share! LOL

I was going to bake, but got busy, so I had an english muffin with brown sugar and cinnamon. Very nice with my Earl Grey tea :)

What kind of tea is everyone having today?

13 years ago

I'm sitting here sipping my good old standby, orange pekoe and nibbling on a blueberry brown suger cookie/flax, didn't noticed the flax when I bought them. For a somewhat healthy cookie they are really tasty. I went for the healthier choice as we've been chowing down on shortbread the last couple of days.

I only have two everyday teapots, one drips and the other the handle has been glued back on, the non dripper is corelle, pattern shadow iris. Have to buy a new teapot, one I hope that doesn't drip. What do you all look for spout wise when choosing a new teapot or is that important. I have several gizmos to put on the spouts which help somewhat but I rather have a spout that didn't drip.

Annette

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

I had Lady Grey tea.

As far as teapot spouts go, I never really pay attention to those and don't recall having any particular problems except for cleaning them. I need a tiny narrow brush. Sometimes I'll fill the sink with a half cup or so of bleach and some water and give everything a good soak.

Today at the market I found a new General Mills coffee drink flavor - Peppermint Mocha Latte. Now I'm not one for mocha coffee, but this sounded interesting to have on hand for the holiday. Will let you know how it tastes.

Speaking of baking goodies, I bought my jar of mincemeat today too and also a can of a nut mixture that can be used to make cookies and tarts. Never tried this before either, but it was on sale. One of my favorites is toast with cinnamon, Lass. Goes great with tea.

• BecR
    13 years ago

Mine was good 'ole Lipton black tea with milk and sugar!

All this talk of sweets is waking up my holiday baking gene lol. The mint mocha sounds deelish, Christine.

:) Becky

• BecR
    13 years ago

Here's my little Christmas helper "Elf Pepe"...:)

{{gwi:618856}}

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Becky- He's adorable! It's always nice to have 'help' :)

All these teas and sweets sound so good!

Schoolhouse- Please let me know what you think of the coffee. I don't care for mint, but it sounds like the perfect beverage, to have on hand for the holidays!

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

Pepe is an absolute dead ringer for our Chester in every aspect! WOW! He's adorable, lol.

Instead of drinking tea, I MADE tea! Our community Christmas craft and santa visit is tomorrow and I made herbal tea blends from my garden (as well as many other herbal things). Now I'm baking the tea sweets! :)

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

I've never tried making tea. Are you putting it in tins or bags for sale? Hope the craft show is a success.

Tomorrow our Methodist Church is having their annual "Jingle Bell Shop". A cookie and craft sale. You can fill up a box of cookies by going from table to table, picking and choosing from all kinds, for $8 I think it is.

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

I put my tea in bags. I was going to use reusable bags I made, but people said they would never do that. So I made sachets out of the re-usable tea bags I had made and instead made disposable teabags out of coffee filters. I have the cone filters we no longer are using, I made three triangular bags from each one by sewing. Then I printed out a tag and sewed it on! They are cute. I hope I can take a photo of the table tomorrow and post it.

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!