Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angelcub_gw

Let the card swappery begin : )

angelcub
17 years ago

Hi everyone! Just popping in for a sec to let you all know I sent the address list via email to those participating. If I missed anyone or messed up an addy, please let me know via my email on my page.

Happy swapping! : )

Diana

Comments (61)

• fammsimm
    17 years ago

Hi Leasa,

I received your Christmas greeting yesterday and I love it. I put it on the refrigerator because I know it's going to be a focal point of the kitchen. :-)

I happen to have a lobster magnet from a vacation on Cape Cod, so I used it as the hanger ( to keep with the New England theme)!

You did a beautiful job and once again, thanks!

Marilyn

• faltered
    17 years ago

Leasa: I received your card Saturday and hung it right by my desk so I can look at it every day. Thank you!

Kent: I got yours Saturday, too. Glitter!!! Gotta love all the glitter.

Thanks you two. Can't wait to get them all in. I guess I need to get started on mine now.

Tracy

• slubberdegulion
    17 years ago

Leasa, I received your "card" today, it's gorgeous! At first I thought I was looking at a herd of tiny snails cavorting on a leaf, but I'm guessing it's mold (slime mold?). Hmmm...I'm willing to keep guessing. I have it up here in the study, it'll come in handy.

Tracy, as you know, I would never use glitter. ; )

• downeastwaves
    17 years ago

Today I got a lovely card from PattiOH! Thanks so much! You got Bee in Flight, he/she was coming in for a landing for the one I call Bee Bath!

Marilyn your is right down the street, I wish someone would buy that building and fix it up!!!

Tracy yours is a Lady Slipper at the camp of the third generation owner of the mustard mill, she was my boss until she turned the mill over to her nephew and wife the 4 generation to run the mill. She has a huge patch of them, many colors.

HEHE! Kent, yours is submerged in the salt water except at low tide! Isn't it neat looking! You do not want to walk on it or you will end up on your butt, cuz it is very slippery! It is very tough stuff--bladder weed or rock weed those little round thingys keep it afloat when the tide is in.....

• todancewithwolves
    17 years ago

Leasa - I love your calendar card. That butterfly is spectacular.

Kent - ants eating Mr. Gingerbread man *LOL* Thank you for your lovely note. Give kitty a hug from me. I'm happy the succulents made it safe.

Patti - Your card is as cute as a button. Thank you!

Edna

• slubberdegulion
    17 years ago

So that's what that is, Leasa! Then the "moss" is algae, now it makes sense. The colors are wonderful. I can't imagine a patch of Lady Slippers, that must really be pretty!

Edna, glad you liked it!

• homenovice
    17 years ago

I've gotten PattiOh's and Leasa's creative greetings - they are lovely. Leasa, I can't grow hollyhocks without a ton of rust so I will enjoy your pic of it instead!

• fammsimm
    17 years ago

PattiOh,

I received your card yesterday, and thought it was cute as can be. :-) Thank you!

Half of mine went into the mail yesterday, and the other half are going today. Mine are the ones that look like a 6 yr. old did them. lol

Marilyn

• downeastwaves
    17 years ago

Anne I got your beautiful card today! Thanks so much!!!!

The holly hocks were at my Mom's I transplanted a bunch of babies this fall, cross your fingers they like it here!

• pat_tea
    17 years ago

EDNA; ROTFL! Love it!

• todancewithwolves
    17 years ago

I received Anne's card also, BEAUTIFUL!

Thank you, PatTea. You all inspired me :-)

Edna

• homenovice
    17 years ago

Marilyn, I love your glittery snowflake card! Thank you :-)
    And Kent, my roomie said, "What is THAT?" when I opened your card with the black spider (tee hee)!

Anne

• PattiOH
    17 years ago

So far I have the beautiful card creations from Marilyn and Anne on the mantelpiece and Leasa's "Bee in Flight" calendar is above my computer. But the card from Edna has to stay next to the sink because it gave me the giggles so bad that I got the hiccups!!!
    Thank you Marilyn, Anne and Leasa!

PattiOhandyoutooEdna
    ;-)

• fammsimm
    17 years ago

Anne, what a beautiful card! I don't know how you are able to create such beautiful pressed flower pictures, but you do..and they are works of art.

Kent, I giggled at your gingerbread man! It reminded me of Mr. Bill (from Saturday Night Live). OHHHH NOOOOOOOOO! :-) Remember him?

Edna, I'm right behind you shooting slugs. You go girl! :-) If you are on Santa's naughty list, then so am I.

Marilyn

• slubberdegulion
    17 years ago

The cards are rolling in! I'm glad I wasn't drinking milk when I opened Edna's card, I really needed a laugh yesterday morning. House cleaning makes me a glum guy.

And Anne's elegant card, I'm envious of your artistry. Last year you mentioned the flowers you used were from relatives who press flowers, are these also or have you found time to do them too? I was thinking of your last Christmas card all year and thinking that I really need to start pressing, now I have even more incentive.

The bah-humbug envelope has been one of my favorites Patti-o!

Glad y'all liked my cards, the gingerbread men "series" were fun. One I sent to a friend here had red shirted gingerbread men being eaten by aliens.

I loved Mr. Bill!

• angelcub
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi everyone! I'm late to the party, as usual. : ) I sent my cards out yesterday and put a little something "extra" inside. I hope you like it.

I'm loving all the cards! Thank you Leasa, PattiOh, Marilyn, Kent, Anne and Edna. What a mix - beautiful, charming and er . . . well . . . "artistically" different. LOL! Edna and Slub - you're both certifiable! Oh and Slub, thanks for using a purple crayon to address mine - I'd have been po'ed if you used pink. ; )

All your lovely and fun cards have a place of honor on the unfinished walls of my kitchen. The beadboard can't go up until the soapstone counters go in, which won't be until Jan. 10th, so your cards are making the stark white walls and plywood counters much more bearable. Thanks! : )

Diana

• fammsimm
    17 years ago

Diana,

What I lack in artistic talent, I try to make up for with enthusiasm!! LOL

With all you have on your plate right now, I think you are Wonder Woman for even sending out cards at all.

Marilyn

• downeastwaves
    17 years ago

Today the mailman brought some real joy to our home!

First I got Edna's I could not imagine what all the fuss was about slugs! I agree with Kent, good thing I was not drinking milk! What a hoot! I JUST LOVE IT!!!! Course you have REAL slugs out there--Texas size, they could be harnessed and put on a leash they are sooooo BIG!!!!! You are so creative!

Then, I opened Marilyn's beautifully decorated envelope with the pretty snow flake inside--Thanks!

Being me, and knowing I was gonna get a special treat in Pat_Tea's because of who fat it was I saved it for last! OH how sweet! Thanks so much for the nice inspiration and the lovely tree. now, please share, is that the polymer clay that Carol Duvall shows on her program? It is lovely!!!

• todancewithwolves
    17 years ago

I just received Marilyn's card. Oooo my new decoration went in the prime spot on my tree, right next to Diana's mini quilt, Nicki's Pisser and Dawn's clock . Thank you sooo much!

I've never had so much fun checking the mail since the seed swap.

Thank you Diana for arranging this once again.

((Hugs to all you guys))

Edna

• Steveningen
    17 years ago

I finally got mine in the mail today. I know, I know, I'm right down to the wire. But hey, our tree isn't even up yet. That comes tomorrow.

I didn't think the Christmas spirit would hit me this year, but strangely enough it has, and with a vigor. I'm on vacation through January 2 and my mood has shifted into merry. The past three days we've made mandarin orange vodka, cranberry vodka, limoncello, a fantastic hot chocolate mix with homemade marshmellows, and 240 cookies. People are getting food and drink this year. Our families back home got the gift of meat (Omaha steaks).

Just so you all know, I really enjoyed making out my cards to you all tonight. I was listening to Ella Sings Christmas and Christmas at Trinity while I wrote them, my hot chocolate right beside me, thinking about how spring is just around the corner for all of us!

Merry Christmas!

• slubberdegulion
    17 years ago

Wow Pat_Tea! It looks good enough to eat, but I went ahead and hung it up.

I noticed where my name was on that sliding scale Diana! Glad you enjoyed it.

Steven: Homemade marshmallows? (240 cookies!!) I would never have thought about that. Interesting.

• fammsimm
    17 years ago

Edna,

I've got Nikki's Pisser and Dawn's clock hanging on my tree, too. I miss you, Nikki and Dawn!

I received Pat_Tea's card and very cute ornament yesterday. Thank you so much. You did a wonderful job and it looks so pretty hanging on my Christmas tree.

It's so much fun opening everyone's Christmas cards. I appreciate each and every one.

Marilyn

• cziga
    17 years ago

Steven, hmmm, i just got mine in the mail yesterday - down to the wire as well I guess. Hope they get out to everyone before Christmas. The lady at our Post Office assured me that they should, but I wasn't convinved that she entirely knew what she was talking about. I'm pretty sure she grossly overcharged me on a couple other packages I was sending as well.

Our Christmas tree isn't up yet either. Around here, if you want to cut your own Christmas tree, you can only get out into the tree fields on a saturday or sunday, so we are waiting till the saturday right before Christmas Eve. Everyone will be home by then, so it should be nice (even if it is a little rushed).

• georich5
    17 years ago

I am humbled!!!!

The cards have been arriving with GLEE!!!! You all have fantastic imaginations, no wonder your gardens are "out of this world". Got sidetracked with retirement last week, but got them out yesterday too. I need to learn a new craft!!! You'll see why!

Love you all,
    georgeanne

• todancewithwolves
    17 years ago

"Got sidetracked with retirement last week" ?!?!

OMGosh! I'm so jealous!!!!

*LOL* Edna

• todancewithwolves
    17 years ago

I received Steven's card yesterday. Thank you for the thoughtful words and what beautiful handwriting you have.

Edna

• homenovice
    17 years ago

Got Diana's pretty quilt card and adorable bookmark! I'm going to enjoy using that!! And Cziga's lovely card the day before. And Tracy's snowy card, too. How fun to look forward to mail :-)

• keesha2006
    17 years ago

I have truly enjoyed the cards from ALL of you, and the little special extra's too. I will have to think all year enough to be creative next year, now that I know how it works!!!! Again, thank you and Happy Holidays!

Ps. Leesa I took that beautiful calendar into work and everyone is enjoying it. Great idea to use Shastas for me! :) You put much thought into them.

Pat Tea I love the little tree too...my screen name is Keesha named after my dog...so everyone keeps asking who bought my dog a ornament :) It makes me chuckle every time and I have to explain how it happened :)

• keesha2006
    17 years ago

And Edna..the Slug card was adorable...even my hubby laughed outloud! Where did you find such a thing?

• keesha2006
    17 years ago

Whoooo got more cards today..such fun it is to get the mail...everyones is so beautiful and sweet. Steven, I am going to frame your card in a tiny frame if I can find one that size...what a beautiful card! And Georgann I loved seeing your smiling face upon opening the card..what a warm greeting! Cathleen, your card made me smile as I was opening it..my grandmothers maiden name was Claus, so the Claus-trophobic was extra cute for me..then I opened it and what to my wondering eyes should appear..but a recipe for Eggnog cookies.....I LOVE eggnog and eggnog cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!

• PattiOH
    17 years ago

More wonderful cards have arrived. I always save the cards from youall to open until last. Like a special dessert!

Georgeanne, Hello! It's great to SEE you! Keesha and Steven, I enjoyed your lovely greetings so much. Tracy, your snowflake card was both sophisticated and creative. Cziga, I promised myself I would begin my diet (again) before New Year's, so I'll have to hurry up and make those eggnog cookies! Kent, I think you can sell this idea of Frosty and the Ghost of Christmas Past to the networks. I plan to save your card as a collector's item just incase. Diana, I was delighted to receive one of your famous quilt cards and I will certainly make good use of the lovely bookmark! Patti/Pat_Tea, your sweet ornament has a special spot on my Christmas tree! Thanks everyone!!!

My mom and my sister have been hearing so much from me about all of your clever, creative, funny, sweet greetings that I have to collect them all and bring them to our big family gathering tonight. I forsee a long explanation about Edna and the slug shooter! ;-)

Thank you Cottage Gardeners one and all for bringing such cheer to my Christmas this year!

((BIG HUG))
    PattiOh

• fammsimm
    17 years ago

Saturday's mail brought more cards! YEAH!

From Tracy, a beautiful snowflake card. ( I think I want a snowflake punch!!) Santa, are you listening? :-) Thank you, Tracy.

Keesha, another beautiful snowflake card.I have a thing for snowflakes, ya know. Thanks for such a pretty card!

Cathleen, thank you for such bright and colorful card and, of course, for the yummy recipe. I'm joining the dieting ranks on January 2nd, so I'll be making your cookies in the next day or so. :-)

Diana, your quilt card is gorgeous, and thank you for the cute bookmark. (The bookmark went into use immediately as I am determined to do some long delayed reading over the next week or so.) Love the ladybugs!!!

Cathleen shared a very sweet quote from Ada V. Henricks in her card:

"May you have the gladness of Christmas which is hope; the spirit of Christmas which is peace; the heart of Christmas which is love.".

Merry Christmas to cottage gardeners everywhere, and wishing you all hope, peace and love this holiday season.

Hugs!
    Marilyn

• todancewithwolves
    17 years ago

Tracy, I love the snowflakes. Thank you! It's cold enough this year, it just may snow. Practically all my plants are dead from the frost :-(

Cziga, thank you for the recipe. Sounds yummy!!!!

Edna

• todancewithwolves
    17 years ago

keesha, got your cute card today. Thank you :-)

• fammsimm
    17 years ago

Georgeanne- Your card is so cute. The personalized cottage greeting was such a nice addition. :-) Thank you so much.

Steven - Your card is classically beautiful, and I also appreciate the sweet sentiments inside. Thank you!

I think I am starting to go through "greeting card withdrawl". It's going to be so sad in January to find our mailbox stuffed with nothing but bills. YUK!

Marilyn

• Eduarda
    17 years ago

Now what this inquiring mind wants to know is who is going to post pics of some of these beauties? Even for us who didn't participate in the card swap :-( we would still like to see what these creative minds have come up with! So who wants to go first?

Eduarda

• angelcub
    Original Author
    17 years ago

More cards - yay!!!

Steven, thank you for the beautiful card and the lovely sentiments. I was very touched. : )

Keesha, loved your card - blue is one of my favorite colors. I'm so glad you joined the swap this year and that you hang out at the Cottage. : )

Tracy, you've got talent, girl. Loved all the snowflakes! Like Marilyn, I'll probably need a snowflake punch. I'm thinking tree and window garland, stickers, earrings ; )

Georgeanne, what can I say - you are just too darn cute!!! Happy retirement!

PatTea, loved the card and the ornament is now one of my favs. My DGD liked it, too, only she thought she could eat it (she's not quite 2). I quickly rescued it and gave her a real cookie. : )

Cathleen, what a lovely card and thanks for the cookie recipe! They sound soooo good - can't wait to try some.

Thanks again to all of you for participating and making our 2nd annual card swap a success. I will treasure my cards forever!

Bear Hugs and a Happy New Gardening Year to ALL!
    Diana

• keesha2006
    17 years ago

Diana, I got your card/bookmark today...thank you very much, I will use it to bookmark the garden stuff I want to order!!!!!!

• homenovice
    17 years ago

Eduarda, I think I will gather mine up from here and yon and send you a pic :-) (dear roomie has cards displayed by COLOR)

• todancewithwolves
    17 years ago

Eduarda, apparently mine hasn't crossed the seas yet :-(
    I sent it out a week and half ago.

I mailed Nicki but haven't heard from her. Does anyone know if she's okay?

Edna

• Eduarda
    17 years ago

Edna, our post is awfully late, because on top of greater than usual movement at this time of the year, they have been on strike on and off... So don't worry, everything is terribly late.

I have e-mailed Nicki some time ago as well and though the mail wasn't returned I got no reply. I'm really worried that something has happened to her. I miss her and Pisser and their garden. I began to get really worried when Halloween came and went and she didn't post at all at the forum. If anyone here knows anything about our Nicki, please do let us know.

Eduarda

• downeastwaves
    17 years ago

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU EVERYONE! I got everyones wonderful cards and tonight I took a few minutes to photograph them.

{{gwi:618968}}

Hope those who did not get to participate will join in next year, it really is fun!

I've already gathered some interesting stuff for next years card, I have a neat idea, now if I can only figure out how to do it!...

Leasa

• fammsimm
    17 years ago

Leasa,

I love the way you arranged and photographed our cards. This was so much fun and I really enjoyed opening everyone's card.

Leasa was too modest to include her greeting in the photo, but she sent out a very pretty 2007 calendar decorated with one of her own personal photographs. As you all know, she is not only a creative, successful gardener, but also a very talented photographer.

It looks like you, Tracy and myself are gathering materials for next year's swap, and I bet we are not the only ones. :-) I've got a year to come up with something creative!!

Marilyn

• PattiOH
    17 years ago

That's right Marilyn! We'll have Leasa's calendar to enjoy all year.
    I love mine here at the computer where it will be used continually I assure you!

I'm going to the craft store today to return about $30 worth of stuff that I didn't use on making my cards (my "plans" exceeded my talents I'm afraid!) so I'll certainly be on the look out for ideas/bargains for next year's cards.

• cziga
    17 years ago

That was a lot of fun, I've never participated in a card swap before, but I'll definitely be "in" for next year! Getting a different and stunning holiday card in the mail every day for a week or two was a beautiful surprise and the cards themselves were fabulous. So many creative people here. Anyways, thank you to Diana for organizing it, and thanks to everyone who sent out cards, they were truly lovely :)

• Steveningen
    17 years ago

Yes! A hearty thank you to everyone for the beautiful cards. This holiday has been wonderful. Lot's of friends and family sat around my table during the last two weeks. All your lovely cards were there, draped over my dining room window, making merry. I tried to get a pic (good job Leasa), but it was hard to do.

I think I'll get an early start on mine for next year. Sometime in June ;-)

• sammycoleman
    16 years ago

In recent years, my parents health (esp. my mother) has deteriorated. I recently moved 600 miles closer just to be with them. I fear this may be the last Christmas for one or both of them. They really LOVE Christmas cards! As I was rummaging through the attic to retrieve their Christmas decorations, I found Christmas cards they had received from 30 years ago. They throw NONE away. I was trying to think of something really special to do for them for Christmas and I came up with this idea. If you have the Christmas spirit, and want to do something nice for someone (who doesn't?) - please take the time to send my parent's a Christmas card. Christmas was always a magical time of year for our family and I truly want to make this magical for the both of them. Please! God Bless You and I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.
    Address is as follows:
    Donald and Betty Coleman
    704 Seattle Drive
    Lexington Kentucky 40503

Please forward this to all your family/friends/coworkers.
    God Bless!!!

• mora
    16 years ago

Sammy, I am curious, your idea to shower your dear parents with Christmas cards is a sweet thought but might it not be a bit confusing for them to receive cards from folks they don't know?
    I notice that you are newly registered on the Garden Web, there must be a special reason why you have chosen this forum for your request, satisfy an old gal's curiosity and please tell us more about your cottage garden experiences, you never know I might just send that card, M

• PattiOH
    16 years ago

Ditto what M said. :-)

• PattiOH
    16 years ago

(Not to mention that this was a thread from last year which makes me doubly curious)