Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thinman_gw

Just for fun: Obfuscated Christmas Carols

thinman
12 years ago

I came across these yesterday and thought you all might have some fun with them. They aren't exactly brain teasers, but they made me smile.

Name these obfuscated Christmas carols.

1. Approach, Everyone Who is Steadfast

2. Hush, the Foretelling Spirits Harmonize

3. Hey, Minuscule Urban Area Southwest of Jerusalem

4. Quiescent Nocturnal Period

5. The Primary Carol

6. What Offspring Abides Thus?

7. Seraphim We Aurally Detect in the Stratosphere

8. The Slight Percussionist Lad

9. The Event Occurred at One Minute after 11:59 pm -- Visibility Unlimited.

1. Are You Experiencing Parallel Auditory Input?

Comments (14)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

How much fun are those?! I think I have them all!

Thanks, TM.

Cynthia

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

Very funny - I too will have a go at these tomorrow! Do I detect someone ready to do Trivia once more??

Nancy.

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    12 years ago

I think I got all but one and I'm working on it.

Ginny

12 years ago

Got it now....:)

Ginny

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

I'm stuck on #9, must give this more thought :), Merry Christmas guys.

Annette

12 years ago

Nancy, just curious how you picked your name of midnightsmom? Who is midnight?
    Annette, you might get this one.

Ginny

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

Duh, I finally got it, had trouble with #7 too but think I got it right now. That gave the old brain a workout, nice one TM.

Annette

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

Very funny - I too will have a go at these tomorrow! Do I detect someone ready to do Trivia once more??

Nancy.

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

Weird that my answer posted twice, several hours apart....hmmm. Was it the Ghost of Christmas Present??

Well, there, kitchen is slightly clean, my turkey has been in the oven for over an hour - I put fresh cranberries in my dressing this year. Something new I thought I'd try. I have them all but #2. I almost said Silent Night, but I'm pretty sure that's #4. lol. More thought needed.

Midnight was my sweet boy, my 16-year-old black cat. I had him from 4-months old. He was born feral, and could open doors and play peek-a-boo. He went back to the Mother Ship this fall, and I am still very melancoly about it. I called he and Nicademus my two grumpy old men, as they co-existed but never got along. Midnight firmly believed he was an only child. He was a hunter and a fighter, even though I had him fixed young, it didn't slow him down an inch. Can't remember how many rounds of antibiotics and stitches he went though, nor the number of wounds I had to clean on him. Sweet boy, run free.

Nancy.

12 years ago

So sorry about your kitty Nancy. I am a huge animal person as you know and I still have a tough time when I think about pets I have lost. They are just so much a part of us. I thought Midnight was probably a kitty.

We just had our Christmas turkey as my daughter and SIL got around to us today on their Christmas tour. You'd think by now they would be tired of turkey but they say not. And, of course, they bring their 2 four legged kids too. Black lab and sheltie so we have a houseful. Grandpa was here for dinner and most of the day too. I wonder if that will be his last Christmas? The dogs never forget him, no matter how long it has been. My momma dog, Angel, follows him like a shadow. I think she thinks it is her job to protect him; his guardina Angel maybe. She probably sings to him when we are not looking! :)

#2, one of my favorites.

Ginny

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    12 years ago

Hey, TM!! Give a girl a hand with #2?? I am still not in the loop on that one!!

Nancy.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

Just had to add that I love the story of of Angel and Grandpa, Ginny.

Hark, Nancy, what is that singing I hear? ;)

Cynthia

12 years ago

Hey Nancy, do you think it could be Angel singing to Grandpa or is it just any old angels?

Ginny

• thinman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Did those hints do it for you, Nancy?

TM

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County