Posted by girlgroupgirl 8 Atlanta (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 27, 07 at 21:51

Hello all:

This year I could sure use the following bearded irises:

dwarf or fairly short pale blue iris without any purple tint

A taller dark blue iris with no purple tints

A medium very dark purple iris

a nice pale yellow

I have room in the "hell strips" for iris. They do particularly well there.

I will have a few iris to trade, mostly a lovely tall medium purple which has that "grape koolaid" scent. It's probably an heirloom of some sort...and loads of other plants too!!

GGG

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: shorter pale blue iris, taller dark blue iris - bear

I don't have any blue but I have two yellows that might work. This one is a rebloomer called Total Recall and is about 30" tall. It is my most reliable rebloomer.
The other one is an old heirloom from my grandmother and 12-18" tall.

Let me know if either interest you.

o

I just found this exchange page, so sorry for posting so late. I have tons of purple iris, including LOTS of medium purple. These bloom about 2 weeks earlier than regular bearded iris. I am thinning them this summer, so let me know if you want them. Email me with your address. I have some dark purple tall bearded, but probably not "blue" enough for you. (more of a dark royal purple)

Here is a link that might be useful: purple iris

o

Gottagarden,
I'm going to email you on these.. not sure what I have that you might not already have or that you would like but I hope I have something :)
Chelsie

o

Hi:
My apologies to Mrs. Galihad! Life has been insane...(went from one part time job to 5, and a whole house renovation....)
I'm still interested in yellow iris. A dear GW friend sent blues and purples already... :)

o

I can't even imagine being as busy as you are. I'll have to check up on the taller, reblooming iris. I divided it and put some in a holding bed and the squirrels dug up and ate a bunch of it. I've never seen them do that before. I do have a bunch of the smaller one for sure. When things cool off maybe we can work something out.

Are you still looking for seeds from large hostas? I have some from two different ones if you want them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here