Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweetannie4u

HAVE: Weeping Willow & Tortured Willow Cuttings

Annie
17 years ago

I am rooting Weeping Willow (Salix babylonica) cuttings.

I will have some Tortured Willow (Salix matsudana) cuttings later on, too.

These will be ready by mid-spring, or I can send them unrooted.

I would like to trade for cuttings of Pussy Willow or Weeping Cherry.

Thanks.

~ Annie

Comments (11)

• girlgroupgirl
    17 years ago

Hi Annie,
    Can you please try and root one of your tortured willows for me? I've been eying them.
    Are you interested in a black pussy willow? I can try to root that for you if you are. They are lovely, and during a few days in spring, the catkins are black with the most MAGENTA tips. Lovely.

Girlgroupgirl

• Annie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Girlgroupgirl

I'll be happy to. Sounds like a great trade.
    I will root 2 or 3 in case one doesn't survive. Now is a great time to root willows.
    The Black Pussy Willow sounds gorgeous.
    I'll let you know when the Tortured Willows are ready. Should only be about 3-4 weeks most.
    Thank you kindly.
    ~ Annie

• keesha2006
    17 years ago

I have both weeping cherry Annie and Pussy Willow if you would like some cuttings. I would trade you for tortured willow. I am not sure tho how weeping cherry does as a cutting. Isn't it a grafted tree? Let me know what you would like to do.

• Annie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

GGG and Keesha2006,

I have FRESH, new Corkscrew Willow 'cuttings' if you still care for them. They are currently rooting in a 5-gallon bucket of water. My tree died so I got new cuttings.

Would still love to trade with you both - Would love cutting of your Black Pussy Willow (GGG) and your Weeping Cherry (Keesha2006).

Send me an e-mail and your mailing addresses if you still want to make the trade. I will send you my addie too.

Thanks.
    Annie

BTW - I prefer to call them Corkscrew Willows. Beautiful trees! They grow very fast. Top them out occasionally to promote more bushy growth.

• silverwind
    16 years ago

I'm getting tangled up here - but I know I saw Corkscrew Willow and something about Black Pussy Willow?

ours got trampled by evil utility people, while trimming the pine tree out of the power lines... *sigh*

Are either of these available for ... well, anything? I can't seem to get my hands on them out my way. ^_^

Thanks, either way!

• Annie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi silverwind,

I have some cuttings of Corkscrew & Weeping Willows that I can send to you, either or both. They are not rooted yet but have been in water for over a month and will root if given ample mulch and plenty of water.

They grow really fast. Keep them topped out for bushier trees and to reduce damage from the severe wintry weather elements.

Send me an email with your mailing address and I will get those out to you. If it is still too cold there, you can keep them in a basement under light or in a sheltered area on the south side of your house covered with a white trash bag or clear plastic and they will be okay until it warms.

Annie

• silverwind
    15 years ago

Oh, I hate (Hate!) having to do this now, but I can't take any other than a pussy willow.... :'(

My husband has given me a big VETO. He's all fretting over how he'd spent lots of time growing up clearing fallen bits of Weeping Willows - Huge, mature trees right by a windy riverbank.
    *sigh*

But, still - thank you so very much! I guess I'll just have to figure something else out. :/

• esamphowe_verizon_net
    15 years ago

do you still have any weeping pussywillow cuttings? i have weeping cherry if you still need them.

• Annie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Elizabeth,

I had Weeping Willows and Corkscrew Willows (aka Tortured Willow). No Pussy Willows.

All gone now. Sorry.

~Annie

• Ronda Umbel
    9 years ago

I have some weeping cherry cuttings and would be interested in both you willows. Thanks

• sewnmom7
    9 years ago

sweetannie, do you still have willows for trade.. I don't have pussy willow or cherry , but surely I have something you might want.. I have , s ilver lace vine C..; lady banks rose[yellow,;Cred bud tree C;seedless concord grapeC//PLMK..molly / sewnmom7@yahoo.com

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm