Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: seed swap

Posted by austinroselover Oklahoma z6a (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 1, 08 at 14:21

Would anyone be interested in doing a seed swap? I hosted one about 4 or 5 years ago and it was alot of fun. The way it works is anyone who is interested sends me a list of flower seeds that they would like to have and seeds that they have available and I fill everyone's seed wish list after everyone has mailed me their seed packets(homeade seed packets are cute and fun.) I would set a deadline for when all the seeds needed to be sent to me and then fulfil the seed wish lists and then mail out all the seed parcels. Its alot of fun, kind of like an early Christmas present for everyone. All it costs is an SASE. What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: seed swap

Count me in!

o

To make it really fun we need at least 5 people to join. The more the merrier!!! The deadline will be somewhere around the end of october.

o

I'm just getting started with seed saving and trading, but I'd like to participate if I can. How many seed packets do you think we would have to contribute? I have quite a few different kinds of seeds saved now but I don't if it would be enough.

o

Well, it should be an even number traded. Let's say you have three types of seed on your wish list, then that's how many you should contribute. If you want to contribute more, then they can be given out as bonuses. however many you want is how many you should contribute. Sound easy enough?

o

Sounds great. Let me know the details when ready.
Sue

o

count me in. let me know when, where, what, & how many. molly

o

Yes, please, I'd like to join in.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here