Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Instructions for Posting Pics from Photobucket

Posted by memo NE-Zone 4B (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 25, 08 at 23:08

*******PLEASE DO NOT POST COMMENTS TO THIS MESSAGE*********

Oringinally Posted by NATVTXN:

Photobucket. My knowledge is very elementary.

It works best, for me, if I have photobucket open and the site I want to post open also. Then I can switch back and forth.

click one and it should take you to your "my pictures"

select a pic. and click open. This will show up in the browse window, with the title above it. A green check mark will be on the left.

Click the Blue upload "button"

Once it loads, scroll down to see your pic.

under the photo will be 4 windows(?). click on the 3rd window (HTML code). It will turn blue, then right click and hit copy in the box that pops up.

Switch back to Cottage G. If you have a post started, right click and click paste. If you have not strted a post, go ahead and type all that info and then right click to past. For me it works best if I hit "enter" twice after each pic. pasting. That way they don't run over each other.

A bunch of symbols and letters should paste.
When you click preview message, your pic should be appear in the preview.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Instructions for Posting Pics from Photobucket

• Posted by natal Louisiana 8b (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 23, 09 at 13:26

I know this has been up for more than a year and I'm wondering if Photobucket has changed since then. I've noticed here and on other forums that this method of posting pics results in a huge photo that causes text to be stretched out across the page.

Would it be possible to update these instructions? Photobucket now offers clickable thumbnails and those don't interfere with text positioning. There's also a resizing tool, but it appears to be a bit of a hassle. Could someone explain how to use that?

o

Okay, folks . . . I've just posted new instructions.

If I left anything important out, or something in it is wrong, please feel free to re-post it with corrections and/or additions.

o

• Posted by natal Louisiana 8b (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 26, 09 at 12:00

Treelover, thank you so much!!! Looks like a very thorough explanation. I noticed you omitted the disclaimer at the top about not posting to the thread. Hopefully it'll stay put.

The main reason I brought this up now ... other than the need to scroll to read ... is because even with a cable connection those pics take a while to load. I can only imagine what it's like with less speed or dial-up.

Thanks again!!!

o

Oh, shoot...I knew I'd forget something. We'll call this a first draft.

If anyone tries following those instructions and finds something that should be changed, let me know. I've saved the code, so it'll be easy to re-post.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here