• frogview00
    14 years ago

Beautiful.

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    14 years ago

Oooh...Ahhhhh....beautiful photos!

• token28001
    14 years ago

I can't wait for my poppies. I sowed tons of seeds this fall and winter. I've found the foliage. They're coming.

I love that red. And the irises. I need more. Mine are nearly all a brown shade that gets lost among the leaves, soil, and green foliage of returning perennials.

• dahli22
    14 years ago

Very nice. Are these photos from this year? I might have to move to texas if spring starts in march!

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes, these are this year's pictures.

Bring it on..
    {{gwi:620282}}

{{gwi:620283}}

{{gwi:620284}}

{{gwi:620285}}

{{gwi:620287}}

{{gwi:620290}}

{{gwi:620294}}

{{gwi:620297}}

• token28001
    14 years ago

I can't believe how much you have blooming. My columbine was sown last winter and grew into nice clumps over the past year. I hope they bloom this year. I forget which ones are which now. I sowed more this winter and planted them out today. Eastern Red is the one I'm most looking forward to next spring.

My larkspur is catching up with yours. The irises are still doing nothing. Here's my oakleaf Hydrangea. It's going on two years in its current location and has never looked this nice. I'll take cuttings in a few weeks, necessary to make it branch more anyway. It's about 2' tall.

{{gwi:620298}}

• Annie
    14 years ago

Oh my, Kathy!
    Very cottage-y views of your garden, my darhling.
    Those are the most beautiful columbines I have ever seen!
    The lizards dueling is totally kick a**!!!! Ha! Ha! Ha!That is amazing how you were able to catch them i the act like that.

I love the larkspurs and columbines in front of the gorgeous roses all along the brick walkway! How do they do when it gets downright hot and sunny, or does it have shade in summer?

I would love that look at the back of my house. Cottage Garden, I reckon!

My columbines are up and two are making stalks with buds.
    ------------------------------

Token,
    I had to move my oakleaf three times to get the right location. It now has morning sunshine and shade from noon through the afternoon. It has really grown. So far, it hasn't made very many blooms, but maybe it will this year.

~Annie

Sponsored