Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aftermidnight_gw

Show us your Clematis

I'll start it off with one of my favorites, most of the pics I have of my Clematis are closeups it's hard to stand back far enough in my garden to get shots of the whole vine, everything is pretty crowded.
Here's the first one, now you.......

Dr. Ruppel

Comments (13)

• pearlgirl
    10 years ago

I've just recentlky replaced some of my clematis in the
    garden. Have loits of this one, though.

sweet autumn

• pearlgirl
    10 years ago

I recently move this one from the deck

• pearlgirl
    10 years ago

these are so hardy...I have to make sure to check and
    spray them in july before the spittle bug eats the leaves
    overnight...

• plantmaven
    10 years ago

I love them all! A sweet autumn just appeared a couple years ago. I am having to down size for health reasons. My front yard is going back to mostly grass. I can no longer take care of so much.
    This is a Texas native that finally took off this year and grew over to the angel's trumpet.

• plantmaven
    10 years ago

Here is another picture of the TX native clematis. It is in the back yard.

We are charged for mowing by the size of the lot, not by how much grass we have. I am hoping to make the HOA happy also. But retain plants in the back yard.

• pearlgirl
    10 years ago

That is so pretty and unusual in color and form as a
    clematis. I love it.
    I know that some day I'll have to scale back. I try my best
    not to think so much about it now :). We have to do what
    we can and enjoy our moments/hrs in the garden.
    To save a step...I mix compost with my mulch for the roses
    and some of the other shrubs.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kathy, good to 'see'you here, I love your little Texas native, such a pretty color. I know about the health issue thing, I was laid up myself for a few months, my garden was not very understanding, DH kept it watered but everything grew amuck. As soon as the weather improves I'll be out there trying to whip things back into some kind of order, you take care girl (((Hugs))). Annette
    Here's another of mine....
    Silver Moon

• plantmaven
    10 years ago

I spent 29 days in hospital and rehab. COPD. I have yet to be strong enough to walk out and take pictures. Several things are blooming. I saw buds on the white clematis. I do not know the name. Here is last year's pic. Columbines are blooming and the cemetery white iris that always bloom early.

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    10 years ago

Annette - DR. Rupple is my very favourite clematis - I must find one to plant at this house. Kathy, I think that little burgundy bell may now be my 2nd fav. I've looked at some of the smaller-flowered varieties and they really are gems.

Thanks for sharing the pics!!

Nancy.

• plantmaven
    10 years ago

Nancy, I got it in a swap several years ago. It just sat there for 2 or 3 years. Then last spring it took off the Jack's bean stalk. It must have had several hundred blooms over the season. You can see in this picture where it decided to climb over to the brugmansia.

Original Author
    10 years ago

Westerplatte

Original Author
    10 years ago

Guernsey Cream

• pearlgirl
    10 years ago

I really like the Guernsey Cream....cream it is!! Lovely.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!