{{gwi:621026}}

{{gwi:621027}}

{{gwi:621028}}

{{gwi:621029}}

{{gwi:621031}}

Comments (18)

• trailrunner
    13 years ago

Oh my what color and variety ! Beautiful . You have made so much progress since you bought that house. I bet your neighbors just love it. I remember when you had to go to battle with the Homeowner's assoc. I am so glad you won. c

• natal
    13 years ago

You have a lot in bloom! Love the columbines. Mine never came back. Is that a clematis already in bloom?

• natalie4b
    13 years ago

So colorful - love the poppies!

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

Beautiful Spring show. I love the red poppies and the Columbines.

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

WOW!

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    13 years ago

Kathy - those are stunning!! I do love your columbine and roses. Was that a yellow columbine I saw?? I may need to know about that!!

Nancy.

• susie_gardener_2007
    13 years ago

Love the irises and the roses! And what a pretty dog!

• luckygal
    12 years ago

Gorgeous!!!

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

Wow! Everything is so lovely, and so many blooms already!

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

Kathy, you're months ahead of me the only thing that is starting to pop here is my star magnolia, a few of the flower buds are starting to show white. I can see new growth starting on most things but we have a ways to go yet, my garden still looks dreary. I'm drooling over your Larkspur, I've made several attempts to grow it without much success, it must be bad seed, it couldn't possible be my fault LOL.

Annette

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Annette, to me the "secret" of larkspur is the timing of planting. Do not wait until spring to plant, plant the seeds at the time they would drop from the mother plant.

Mdm. Isaac Pereire. Very stong scent.

{{gwi:621033}}

Mlle. de Sombreiul

{{gwi:621034}}

More of the Buff Beauty.

{{gwi:621035}}

another poppy

{{gwi:621036}}

• floridarosez9 Morgan
    12 years ago

Lovely. Spring is over here. We had five days of heavy wind and rains and tornados. Poppies are rotting and most of the blooms on everything else were blown off. It's nice to see spring still exists somewhere.

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    12 years ago

Everything looks great! The poppies are such a beautiful color and I like it paired with that awesome white clematis. Do you know the name of that variety? The color of that iron(?) chair is really nice in the garden. Such lush roses, and I love that puppy helper of yours!

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    12 years ago

thyme, I do not know the variety of the clematis. I bought a couple at Sam's a few years ago.
    The "puppy" is a sheltie. The breeder swore that her dogs did not get ant larger than 18 lbs. I want to which half of her weigh 18 lbs.

This iris opened this morning. If any one know's the name, let me.

{{gwi:621037}}

Reve D'Or rose

{{gwi:621038}}

• girlgroupgirl
    12 years ago

Ohh, so pretty. I really love that darkest purple and white iris! Lovely!! You know until this year I didn't realize that your back yard had bordering homes that were so much taller than yours. Talk about borrowed views (of theirs) they must love you!!
    The garden is looking really nice!

• chickadee_42us
    12 years ago

I noticed the 'puppy' too, and thought, A DOG with all those lovely bloooms. What's your secret, how do you keep the lovely lassie from digging to China?

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Chickadee, we have a total of 4 dogs. The other three are all small dogs. Fortunately I have never had a digger. I guess they are too spoiled to bother with digging.

My best friend is also a widow, so she and I share my house. Sure helps on the loneliness and finances.

Kathy

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

Lovely pics! I have 2 spoilt dogs, who are not a bother in the garden, my bothers are: my friend's(who lives in his RV in the yard)cat who just broke a branch off my fancy peach,plum,apricot espalier..arg! and he has knocked over my bird feeder post about 3x already...and Hubby has a weedwackingobsession and has chopped so many of my lovely baby shrubs/etc..ARGGGG! I think living with my best friend would be HEAVEN!!! I tried to talk hubby into buying the house next to her new place, but he wouldn't pay the asking price....boy did I pout for a while.

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists