Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jakkom

May flowers NorCA garden, Pt 2

jakkom
12 years ago

Continuation - This is one of my three front yard beds. The liquidamber (stargum) tree has leafed out but the yellow variegation only appears as it gets warmer. Going counterclockwise from the tree, you see in bloom: nasturtiums, orange erysimum (in a planter), purple lavendar (behind the iris spiky foliage), more nasturtiums, a tall red-flowering variegated pelargonium, and another 'Electric Blanket' rose:

{{gwi:621654}}

Helichrysum 'Curry' is ready to flower in front of a pink Leptospermum:

{{gwi:621655}}

These deciduous iris smell like Juicyfruit gum. They are great cut flowers, very long-lasting. You can see orange nasturtiums to the left, purple osteospermum to the right, and the 'Electric Blanket' rose (from Pt 1) in back:

{{gwi:621656}}

Bearss Lime flowers (maybe I'll actually get a couple of limes this year, sigh) and a pink cestrum flower spike in the background:

{{gwi:621657}}

I lost the name to this dwarf canna, unfortunately:

{{gwi:621658}}

Clematis 'Jackmannii'

{{gwi:621659}}

I didn't catch this echium until it was almost done flowering - Echium plantagineum 'Blue Bedder'

{{gwi:621660}}

A nice dwarf white alstroemeria, but it hasn't bloomed very much. This is its first decent show since I planted it over a year ago:

{{gwi:621662}}

It was so early in the morning, the Anagallis monelli hadn't opened up yet:

{{gwi:621664}}

Some people don't like the flowers of Stacchys byzantina, but I do, and so do the bees. Here it is with more nasturtiums and some CA poppies:

{{gwi:621666}}

This is the prettiest time of year for my front yard, and you can see why:

{{gwi:621668}}

Comments (3)

Sponsored