Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gldno1

Buff Beauty and the wrong Foxgloves

gldno1
13 years ago

Last year I had apricot colored foxgloves with this rose. They don't reseed here so I have to start plants each year to have them blooming the next (biennials). Some how I planted digitalis purpurea instead of the apricot ones...the good thing is they bloom earlier and are now in sync with the rose.

{{gwi:621941}}

We can sit on the porch swing (just to right of bamboo poles) and smell the rose. I plan to move a couple more fragrant things to this area.

I love this rose! Here is a single bloom that shows the color much better.

{{gwi:621944}}

Glenda

Comments (9)

• armyyife
    13 years ago

Very pretty and I think the purple foxgloves go very nicely with it! I just put Buff Beauty in this spring to climb over my arbor swing. I can't wait till mine grows up and I hope I can smell it strongly, I can smell it up close with the few blooms it had this spring.

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

I also love the purple foxgloves with the rose Glenda. Buff is a favorite of mine too!

• Annie
    13 years ago

Oh, your flowers are lovely, Glenda.
    I can almost smell your Buff from here! She is a Beauty alright. With a name like that, you know it is going to be something special.

Buff got put on my wish list after visiting over at the Rose Forum last year. Your metal trellis is really pretty and it all looks just perfect there against your house.

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

What a performer. That's my favorite color combination in the garden- orchid and apricot.
    Renee

• plantmaven
    13 years ago

One of my favorite roses.
    Mine has already bloomed.
    It has gotten so hot here that so many things are drying out. The garden got accustom to all the rain this year. Then none at all for the last month, but today I woke up the rain, thunder and lightening.

{{gwi:621947}}

Foxglove will grow here, but not well and has to be replanted each year. Not pretty enough to be worth the trouble.

k

• aimeekitty
    13 years ago

sometimes different colored foxglove revert to purple when they bloom or have kids

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

Very nice. I never thought of foxgloves and roses together but it works well.

• gldno1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I have been wondering about getting it on an arch. Now the long branches come out into the yard and makes mowing difficult. I need to think of something low so it won't hide the clematis which instead of growing on its trellis has gone east to the bamboo trellis that I was going to plant my vigna caracalla (corkscrew vine) on! Now have to do something else. These plants just do not cooperate!

• FlowerLady6
    13 years ago

Buff Beauty is such a wonderful old, golden, antique, looking color, I love it. The foxgloves are a lovely accompaniment.

Enjoy your lovely gardens and life.

FlowerLady