Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
armyyife

Spring photos of some of my garden lots of roses. Pic Heavy

armyyife
13 years ago

Here are a few pic's from my garden. Mostly right now the roses are blooming.

Blush Noisette and Nepta

{{gwi:209862}}

Climbing Pinkie and mini pink Carnations (wind flattened them):O(

{{gwi:209863}}

Ducher

{{gwi:206788}}

Close up of carnations (before wind flattened um)

{{gwi:622392}}

Duchess de Brabant

{{gwi:622393}}

Belinda

{{gwi:206795}}

Weigela and violas

{{gwi:206789}}

{{gwi:622394}}

First year for this bed, has many young roses and perennials

{{gwi:622396}}

Driveway bed with Hermosa, feverfew, dasies, Lamarque, daylilies, Ducher, Mrs B R Cant, nepta, violas, chives, and mealycup sage

{{gwi:206793}}

Pink Knockouts with 'Becky' Shasta Dasies in between

{{gwi:206800}}

{{gwi:622398}}

{{gwi:622399}}

Hope you enjoy. ~Meghan

Comments (19)

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

Meghan, that is really pretty. I love all your roses and I really love how you lined one side of the house in the pink knock outs. They are excellent for a foundation rose, aren't they? Climbing Pinkie is gorgeous there. I am jealous you can grow that one so well, it's one I would really like to be able to grow.

• plantmaven
    13 years ago

Oh my! All beautiful. But I especially like the first picture. I never thought of interplanting like that.

• gldno1
    13 years ago

Beautiful! Great idea using nepeta with the pink rose...I am going to copy that. I have two small pink roses and need to divide Walker's Low. I will put some around the roses.

The violas or pansies are the most fantastic colors. I bet your neighbors love you.

• armyyife
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all.
    GGG- Yes, I have to admit that at first I refused to put knockouts in my yard because they seem to be everywhere. I had some very wimpy azaleas in there and 2 years ago I ripped them all out and put those in there. All 5 for $60! Nursery was having a huge sale, lucky me! So in they went and I could not be happier with them. Why can't you grow Cl. Pinkie? We have pretty much the same climate. She does get some bs but really it's not that bad at all. I am thinking of getting another for the other corner of that fence. I say go for it and give her a try. I got mine from ARE I think.

I love trying to interplant and nepta does it very well. Another nice one is feverfew which looks like tiny white dasies or even shasta dasies. As soon as the ones between the knockouts start to bloom I'll take a picture so you can see what it looks like. I got the idea of the shasta between the roses from a rose book. They spread very nicely under the roses (at least the 'Becky' ones do).

I am the only one besides the neighbors in front of me who only this year have finally started to do something with there front yard. We have lived here 4 years this May. It does seem to be catching on but very very very slowly! lol There may be hope yet! ;O)~Meghan

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

Wow, your Climbing Pinkie is spectacular. Mine is mildewed, and I was so sad, but at least I can look at yours!
    Renee

• plantmaven
    13 years ago

I have some feverfew and it is blooming right now.

Great idea!

• carrieburgess3
    13 years ago

Meghan, you have so many gorgeous combinations. Your rose just look perfect!!! And I love your Weigela. I really want to get one this year.

Thank for sharing,
    Carrie B.

• FlowerLady6
    13 years ago

Meghan ~ Wow, love your roses with the other lovely bloomers that you have. I'm sure you enjoy being out in all that glorious beauty every day.

FlowerLady

• armyyife
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all again for your kind words. :O) ~Meghan

• Annie
    13 years ago

Meghan,

Your yard and garden is just beautiful. I love roses so much. Yours are gorgeous.
    Carnations....I am so jealous! I have never found them here to buy and not sure how easy they are to grow from seed. Yours are just lovely. I bet they smell divine.

You don't live far from my daughter. I love that area. SOOOO beautiful. She lives there in Columbia, if you recall me writing to you about that. She is just getting started on her yard. I sent her trees, shrubs, and lots of flowers last year to get her started and this spring she has even gone out and bought some on her own. She is really getting into it. I think you are such a nice person. Wish you and she could hook up and become friends. She would love to have a gardening friend close to her age. I still plan to contact you the next time I come down...which will be in late July or early August, as my daughter is expecting baby #2 :) (proud & happy grannie). Maybe we can hook up then.

Hope the heat isn't getting to you.
    ~Annie

• hurlee
    13 years ago

your roses are gorgeous! A cottage dream. :)

• armyyife
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hey Annie,
    Thank you for the compliments, just got done looking are your roses and I would have to say the same! I got the carnations at Lowes I think a few years ago. I love them! They are my birthday flower and I was so excited to find them as I didn't think they would do well down here but then again those places tend to buy things that don't do well for the area. Turns out they have done wonderfully.

I do remember you telling me about your daughter living in Columbia and your someday visit down here which I am still looking forward to! :O) Yes, it is too bad she doesn't live closer as I would love to help her out. Mabe when you do end up coming to visit her we can all meet up at the zoo. Then you could come down to visit Charleston. I have a membership to Magnolia Garden and Plantation and I could show you around there and have a picnic there perhaps, I love it there. Maybe you could bring your daughter too and we could have a nice time. July and August are hot and humid though so be prepared. So far it really hasn't been too bad heat wise. We have actually had a nice long cool spring with a few hot days lately but not too bad. Looking forward to your visit!

Congratulations grandma!
    ~Meghan

• keesha2006
    13 years ago

Your flowers..specially the roses are "knockout beauties" :) Very nice, thanks for sharing them

• Annie
    13 years ago

You live in the Charleston area? I thought you lived in Summerville. Isn't Summerville one of the towns close to Columbia?
    I am confused....

~Annie

• armyyife
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I live 25-30 min outside Charleston in Summerville. Columbia is about 1 1/2 hours from me maybe a little closer depends where in Cloumbia. We go up there often however to the zoo and stuff. If you do come down though to Columbia you must try to visit Charleston seeing you would be so close. Historic Charleston is a beautful city. Like I said we could stroll through Magnolia gardens if you like. I would love to meet you either up there or down this way.

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

Lovely roses and gardens.

• gwenb
    13 years ago

Someone's got a pretty garden! Just lovely.

• plantmaven
    13 years ago

The first thing I put on my order from Bluestone was the nepeta. The order arrived thursday. It is in the low 90's here already, so I am putting them in larger pots and will plant them in Oct.

• armyyife
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all again for your kind words. I appreciate it. I have a few new ones I haven't added yet mostly of the yarrow which is blooming prettily right now and the borage in the first year bed is huge and the bees are in bee heaven between that and the nepta (which I have a lot of). You can stand there in the yard and hear the humming. I love watching them.

I too ordered some more nepta but a different kind then what I already have which is walkers low. That and two clematis.
    ~Meghan

Sponsored