Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aimeekitty

Added new plants (mostly Lavender)

aimeekitty
13 years ago

Here's the new babies I bought this past week.

I mostly bought wandflower, Golden Fleece (dyssodia tenuiloba), blue mountain (nierembergia hippomanica), snowland (leucanthemum paludosum... which perhaps I may be dermatalogically allergic to. OOPS.), penstemon, salvia, heatwave glitter sage (salvia greggii), Grosso Lavender, English Lavender and Thumbelina Leigh (dwarf) English Lavender. I liked the lavender that our initial installation gardeners put in,... but it was all French and Spanish, and to me, it's the Grosso and English that smells the most traditionally lavender.

{{gwi:623094}}

Here's what the yard looks like now with most of the new plants put in.

This is my rose ghetto. A lot of them are bands, that due to us getting late in the season... I think they'll feel safer potted up in 3 galls to grow a bit before I put them in the ground in fall. I'm planning to put more irises in here, too.

{{gwi:268062}}

You can see the new La France climbing rose on the back wall. This was a gallon plant... but look how big it is! I bet it's going to be a vigorous rose. Next to it you can see one of the irises from my mom, about to bloom!

That's rosemary in front of it. Tempted to move the rosemary forward a bit... I think La France has enough room, though. Hmm.

{{gwi:268063}}

{{gwi:304084}}

My best idea in the past week, I think, is putting some short daisies and english lavender along the "path". They smell so good and define the path, more! Eventually, there will be a rose covered arbor there to GO TO, but for now, it is the path to NOTHING! :D You can see some penstemon, guara and nierembergia hippomanica in there, too.

{{gwi:623099}}

PENSTEMON. {{gwi:623102}}

{{gwi:623105}}

Also pretty rad is Chinese Foxglove.

{{gwi:623107}}

{{gwi:265180}}

William Shakespeare 2000

{{gwi:258201}}

A tiny tiny found china rose called Martha Gonzales. (cute story around it!) This was a free plant from Longagoroses.com

{{gwi:268064}}

BABY SEEDS! I'm going to have to separate them soon. This pot is like way more happy than all of the rest of them, it's so funny!

{{gwi:623111}}

One of the Moonvines from my mom finally sprouted!

{{gwi:623113}}

One of my poppies that grew from seed is about to bloom! (with a dahlia behind it)

{{gwi:623115}}

Wildeve

{{gwi:623117}}

Felicia

{{gwi:623118}}

Comments (8)

• Annie
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Beautiful!

Gorgeous plants and flowers. Many are new to me.

• remontant
    13 years ago

What a lovely collection you have. What fun!

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

Your white Lily of the Nile plants look really nice where you have them. I'm going to buy a bunch this year for the empty sides of my pond, and perhaps a few more to go way out in my back yard.

What is the pretty weeping tree in your lawn?

Are you going to grow roses along your back fence? :)
    Renee

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

Everything looks so lovely there! I can't wait to see it fill in. I love that patio!

• aimeekitty
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone! I can't wait for it to fill in, either!

Renee,
    I'm enjoying the Lily of the Nile so far! They seem to be pretty strong in this area. I almost want to get some more, but I think I'll wait till next year and see how these do. I like the white balls in with the other stuff. :)

It's hard to see, but that whole back fence has a climbing rose every 4-6 feet or so. So yes! Basically the stone walls and the back fence will have wisteria, roses and clematis. :)

The little weeping tree is a white weeping sakura called Snow Fountain. It looks like this when it blooms
    {{gwi:623120}}
    {{gwi:623121}}

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

I can see the rose in the background. I can't wait to see your garden next year, when everything has had time to fill in.

That's a beautiful tree. I killed a weeping cherry once. As a result, we now have the $25.00 rule. No plants over 25.00, because I kill them.

Renee

• aimeekitty
    Original Author
    13 years ago

awww... I hope I don't kill it! haha... I have a big weakness for cherry trees

• Annie
    13 years ago

O my!
    I'd love one of those Weeping Cherries in my Japanese garden near my Koi Pond. (my Japanese garden is in somewhat of a disarray now, but I have hopes to get it back up to par someday. It's gotten jungle-y. Darned bamboo took over)

That is just a beautiful tree!!!
    I love all your stonework too.

Yes, please post new pics soon.

~Annie

Sponsored