{{gwi:624020}}

{{gwi:624021}}

{{gwi:624022}}

{{gwi:624023}}

{{gwi:624024}}

Comments (22)

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    13 years ago

A very pleasant stroll indeed! Is that a beautybush I see in the third picture? I love those big old-fashioned exuberant shrubs like it and bridalwreath spirea. You just have to smile when you see them!

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

I would just love to wander thru your garden. Everything is so beautiful. And you have room. There are large patches of lawn between your garden beds. Wouldn't I love to have that much room.

What are the yellow flowers all along the front in the first picture?

Your an early riser. You would never catch me out in the garden at 6AM. I am fast asleep in my bed LOL.

• Annie
    13 years ago

Oh, your garden is even more beautiful this year than it was last year! All your plants are fuller and your garden is filled with colorful flowers - dazzling!

I don't know how you do it, gardening on that steep hill.
    Amazing.
    ~Annie

• aimeekitty
    13 years ago

gorgeous! I love how you mixed the yellows and purples

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

Such wonderfully huge beds! Boy, that must be a lot of work. Is that a monster hosta in the last shot? How big is that thing? Sigh.
    Thanks for the photos.
    Renee

• gardengranny2
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Woodyoak: That is a Beauty Bush. Beautiful flowers and wonderful fragrance.

Rita: The yellow border of flowers is sedum 'kamchatkum' (sp ?).

hosenemesis: That is hosta 'Sum and Substance'. Below is a better shot.

{{gwi:624025}}

• gardengranny2
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sorry about that!

Here now for your viewing pleasure "SUM and SUBSTANCE"

{{gwi:624026}}

• newbiehavinfun
    13 years ago

Beautiful! Are those yellow and red flowers gaillardia or rudbeckia?

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

I didn't realize these was a sedum with flowers that yellow. I will have to look for that one, it's really pretty.

• Annie
    13 years ago

I am envious as heck of your Lady's Mantle. It is so big and the flowers are just gorgeous. That is one cottage flower I have really wanted to grow in my yard. Well, I have grown it, but it never grew like that for me.

Are the yellow, red and orange flowers Gaillardias or Heleniums? Or Rudbeckias? The colors are spectacular!
    Beautiful.

• Cher
    13 years ago

Lovely gardens, really enjoyed the photos.
    Cher

• gardengranny2
    Original Author
    13 years ago

For Annie and newbie:

The yellow and red flowers are gaillardia.

Originally started with 3 Fanfares, 3 Goblins, 1 Burgundy.

The Fanfares and Goblins were tidy and low growing and mostly yellow with a touch of red in the center. Burgundy was taller and floppier (i.e. messier) and more red than burgundy. Over the years cross pollination has pretty much eliminated Burgundy, 2 Goblin and only 1 Fanfare remain. The rest are all crosses.

Liz

• keesha2006
    13 years ago

NOW thats a nice way to wake up in the morning..for both you and me..I enjoyed such a color show. Thank you for sharing..your combinations are gorgeous. Do you have color all summer too?

• hosta_house
    13 years ago

Beautiful, I've come back a few times to look.

• kathi_mdgd
    13 years ago

Rita asked my question!! I also havn't seen a sedum with a yellow flower like that.I must look for some also.
    TFS
    Kathi

• keesha2006
    13 years ago

Kathi, I have that sedum my the thousands..send me your address and I would be glad to share you a start..it multiplies like crazy :)

• gldno1
    13 years ago

Your garden is just beautiful. What a lovely stroll ... I am an early riser too!

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    13 years ago

Your garden is absolutely gorgeous. I love the way you have a lot of lawn to really set off the beds. Also love lots of shrubs in the garden! Beautiful borders!

• gottagarden
    13 years ago

Lovely lovely lovely! So nice and tidy and well maintained. It must be such a joy to stroll in.

• pippi21
    13 years ago

Your flowerbeds are beautiful! Where were you standing to get what looked like as almost an aerial shot of that first photo? Are the yellow sedum aka Sedum acre or something like that. I had them at our previous home, they are a succulent and has yellow blooms and I combined them with red geraniums and dark purple petunias and it was stunning. I gave my daughtter a bunch and now she's given them back to me. They'll grow anywhere. Good groundcover.

• pippi21
    13 years ago

Okay, now you've gone and done it! I'm drooling over your peonies, and the purple salvia and yellow sedum. Gave me an idea for another look for one of my flowerbeds next year. That sedum is so easy to root, you can almost stick it in water for a few days or rootone and stick it right in the ground. Give it a few weeks and you'll see new growth. Ice Plant is another nice ground cover. When did you first start your flower gardens? Do you set a goal of how much to add each year? Or do you have it so everything multiplies by reseed and division? I bet those peonies would look good in my gardens. What are their names? One looks like Sarah Bernhardt(pink)and could that burgundy one be Kansas or Karl Rosenfeld? I love the purple salvia/burgundy peony combination. Thanks for the morning walk. What kind of camera do you have? Sure takes good clear pictures. Wide angle lens attached? That viburnum bush is breathtakingly beautiful!

• gardenerme
    13 years ago

Oh boy, thanks so much for sharing! I love it all! That blue shrub with the stiff upright flower stems is exactly what I am looking for . . . can you tell me about it? Awesome! Just in case you don't see this, I will post a new message with your name in the title . . . sorry for the stalking but I really need that plant!

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus