Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dahli22

primroses and other color in juneau

dahli22
13 years ago

Colors coming out finally in this bed.
{{gwi:624299}}From Kathy and Brad's garden in 2010

drumstick primroses, peonies and other stuff.

{{gwi:624300}}From Kathy and Brad's garden in 2010

Sweet bichon Zoe by primroses.

{{gwi:624301}}From Kathy and Brad's garden in 2010

Comments (8)

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

Oh, Zoe.

You have such beautiful color combinations in your beds. You must have really thought them out carefully, and it shows- the waves of color just flow.
    Thanks for posting your photos.
    Renee

• gldno1
    13 years ago

The dog is adorable...and so are the primroses.

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

Just coming back for a second look... I can't wait to see your garden next month! and thereafter- when is the peak of bloom for you? Mine will be over next week.
    Renee

• dahli22
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Renee: the peak of bloom for perennials is probably July to early August. I grow a lot of dahlias though and they bloom through September...so keeps it going. but man, it's work sometimes! I had an aphid infestation this year in my greenhouse so some of the dahlias are affected. I looked at your garden again yesterday...really is amazing....are you on a garden tour or anything?

• aimeekitty
    13 years ago

wow, those drumstick primroses are awesome!

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    13 years ago

Dahli, your garden is so pretty and I can't wait to see your dahlias again! Sorry about that aphid infestation. That must be adding quite a bit to your workload. I remember your pictures from last year. You have so much color in the garden.

I really like the primroses with the new, yellow growth of the shrubs. Do your primroses overwinter for you? They are so big, lush and healthy. Absolutely spectacular. Do you do anything special with them? I've never had much luck with any kind of primrose and they are so great in the spring border. Does one kind do better than another?

What is the weeping tree in the border? It has such a beautiful form. Did you create that border with the rock yourself? It s gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing these photos. I keep coming back to look at them!

• dahli22
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hi thyme thanks for commenting. primroses do really well here because we get A LOT of rain and summers tend to be cool. That weeping tree is a Japanese maple (they don't do well here but i guess because we planted that one close to the house, it survived. my husband brad does the rocks. some of them are HUGE don't know how he lifts those.

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

Your gardenbeds are so lovely. The dog is cute too!I have never seen drumstick primroses before. Don't even know there was such a kind. I do like them.

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA