Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Roses Cherry Parfeit, Topsey Turvey and Easy Going

newyorkrita
14 years ago

{{gwi:624541}}

Cherry Parfeit with some red roses in the back.

{{gwi:624542}}

Cherry Parfeit

{{gwi:624543}}

Topsey Turvey (red) and Easy Going (yellow)

{{gwi:624545}}

Topsey Turvey again. Notice the white reverse. It makes this a very striking rose. The flash went off on this picture as it was dark with the rain coming on. I prefer natural lighting so as not to wash out colors like this.

Comments (12)

• bluesunflower
    14 years ago

I almost bought a Cherry Parfeit today but went with a Lagarfeld (sp) instead to pair up with the Moon Shadow so they will flank the pond bridge. I showed DH your roses and he was more than willing to go along with my crazy scheme to buy more. heheh my evil plan is working!

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I am not familiar with Moon Shadow but since you bought Lagerfeld I hope you like REALLY TALL upright Hybrid tea roses. It makes skinny canes that droop unless they get more water than anything else in the bed. But it does make pretty blooms. Mine is now over 6 feet tall and about to bloom. I cut it down to six inches this spring. I will cut it again after blooming or it will be 8 feet tall by midsummer. Better yet, I might just dig it up and toss it.

• todancewithwolves
    14 years ago

I also have the Cherry Parfeit rose bush. I love it because it blooms beautifully all summer long. It's a carefree rose.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I agree, Cherry Parfeit is a strong bloomer and has a nice shape to the shrub also (although its not a shrub rose).

• Annie
    14 years ago

Rita,
    You are my enabler.
    Just added Cherry Parfait to my growing wish list of roses.
    That is the prettiest thing I've ever seen!
    And carefree sounds too good to be true.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    14 years ago

todancewithwolves is in California. Many roses are desease free, therefore carefree, in California but thats not the case for the rest of us all over the country. Different climates. Just needs some spraying like the rest of the roses here.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    14 years ago

{{gwi:624548}}

Cherry Parfeit in the strong sunshine today.

{{gwi:624550}}

And here are Easy Going, Topsey Turney and Cherry Parfeit enjoying some sunshine today for a change instead of all the rain thats been going on lately.

• blondiesc
    14 years ago

Rita - I continue to be amazed and in total awe of your gorgeous flowers! Stunning!

• PRO
    Nell Jean
    14 years ago

Rita, I was just reading on someone's blog about making rose water. Have you ever done that, with some of the more fragrant roses?

Nell

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks. That bunch of the yellow rose, Easy Going is all one shrub.

Sorry Nell, don't know anything about rose water or making rose water.

This is another shot from today of those three roses.

{{gwi:624552}}

• Vikki1747
    14 years ago

Rita,
    Your roses are amazing. I love them all...keep the pictures coming!
    Vikki

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    14 years ago

Such lovely roses I think my favorites here is Cherry Parfeit and Topsey Turvey.

Annette

Sponsored