Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardengranny2_gw

Odds 'n ends

gardengranny2
13 years ago

Took a chance last spring on a 6" pot containing a tiny

Snowball Viburnum. Immediately tranplanted it to a 24" pot planning to keep it there until this spring.

It grew so large and so fast that I put in the shrub border last fall.

It seems to like the location.

{{gwi:624810}}

{{gwi:624811}}

This centaurea montana was a dual stemmed volunteer discovered early last year before it bloomed. The great folks here on the web helped me to identify it by the photo I provided of it in bud. The bloom was so unique and delicate and so I let it remain where it had planted itself.

This year 2 babies developed on either side of a large clump of salvia 'May Night'. after seeing how large the 1st one became, I couldn't allow the babies to stay. They were quite firmly rooted. Not at all easy to remove. I finally got them both out without damaging the salvia and promptly removed the large one from last year. I had visions of them taking over the entire dry bed.

{{gwi:624812}}

Strawberries on my deck rail. Been getting a crop everyday for about 2 weeks. Everbloomers will produce until late fall.

{{gwi:624813}}

{{gwi:624814}}

These are two different peonies. One is Felix Crouse and the other is Karl Rosenfeldt. The one on the left is a bit darker than the other. Hope someone can help me to recall which is which. In the photo they look the same.

{{gwi:624815}}

{{gwi:624816}}

Taking a stroll and performing the a.m. photo shoot when this appeared out of nowhere.

{{gwi:624817}}

Sarah Bernhardt peony (left) had blossoms only starting to open. A major thunderstorm blew in late that night. I figured she was a goner for this year. But when I went out in the a.m. found Bowl of Beauty (to her right) had pretty much been pulverized (you can see the remnants underneath both peonies). But, Sarah had been spared.

{{gwi:624818}}

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor