Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fnboyd

I finally got a garden shed.

fnboyd
14 years ago

I have been wanting one for so long and have seen so many pretty ones on this forum.

I can't wait to plant the area around the shed with flowers.

{{gwi:627348}}

{{gwi:627349}}

{{gwi:627351}}

Comments (22)

• gldno1
    14 years ago

It's a charmer! Looks like you might be able to use it as a greenhouse too.

I can just see it all planted.

Happy for you.

• plantmaven
    14 years ago

Wow, you even have skylights.

It looks great.

• PRO
    Nell Jean
    14 years ago

When I saw your questions for Vikki, I hoped she would answer soon so I could then tag on to the thread and ask if you ever got a greenhouse. This will be even better!

Is that a potting bench under the shed, in the shed?

You will really enjoy this, it is great.

Nell

• girlgroupgirl
    14 years ago

Oh boy! This is so similar to what I would like for a shed/greenhouse/outdoor shower area!! I LOVE THIS! It's awesome!

• fnboyd
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes Nell that is potting bench under the shed outside. I will also have one inside.

I added the skylights so I could overwinter some of my ferns and potted plants. Not sure how that will work out since the shed is not heated. But our winters do not get very cold.

I really just wanted a place to store all my "garden stuff" so that it is out of site but easy to get to when needed.

• newyorkrita
    14 years ago

I love it. That long overhang really makes it look great.

• irene_dsc
    14 years ago

Oh - that's really cute! It's also similar to what I want, actually, except I want the porch area more as a sitting area.

• Vikki1747
    14 years ago

Faye,
    What a great looking garden shed. Lots of windows and sky lights will be great for winter storage and starting seeds. I can see a flowering vine climbing up the post to the overhand. Can't wait to see it all planted up.
    Vikki

• trailrunner
    14 years ago

That is a great shed/work area/greenhouse! How smart to combine so many different aspects. Did you get a good rain the past 2 days? I sure hope so. I have out planting all AM. Looks like no more for a while though ...sigh. Please post as you plant it up...really looks GREAT !! c

• fnboyd
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Trail,
    Yes we got 3 inches yesterday and it is raining today as well. We really needed it. I had huge cracks in the yard. I have clay soil and when it gets dry it cracks wide open. I could lose a leg if I am not careful where I step.

I will be sure to add more pictures as the shed bed develops.

faye

• trailrunner
    14 years ago

None today for us. I am glad you got some. Please be careful....c

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    14 years ago

Faye, what a great little garden shed, I love the overhang and the potting bench on the outside especially nice when it's hot out, a nice place for a couple of chairs and a small table too.

Annette

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Your shed looks great and I'm happy that you already have plans with it. I'd like something like that also someday. Punk

• thinman
    14 years ago

It looks like a winner. Is the shed part about 8 x 12? You are going to love it, and you were very smart to have a nice big shed-roof shelter on the back. I'm sure that shade in Alabama is welcome at least half the year.

Who gets to paint it? You? :-)

You will send us follow-up photos, right?

ThinMan

• fnboyd
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thinman,
    I am the holder, getter, and painter. I am going to start the painting this weekend. Yes in this heat????
    The shed is 8 x 12 and the lean-to on the side is 10 x 12 I think.

and shade is alway nice in Alabama :-)

faye

• angelcub
    14 years ago

Doin' the happy shed dance for you! : ) That looks like a great place for plants and garden goodies. I like the lean-to area, too. You can make a mess out there at the potting table and still keep the inside somewhat clean. Nice!

Haha! I am the holder, getter and painter, too. So what color are you going to paint it?

Diana

• lindakimy
    14 years ago

Oh WOW!!! I have a terrible case of shed envy! I love every little thing about your shed.

I'd post a picture of mine and ask for advice on fixing it up but I fear it would break the camera!

Congratulations!! Can't wait to see how you make it even more stunning.

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

Wow! That is so neat! It is almost exactly what I want. Please keep us posted on what you do with it.

• MrBlatez
    11 years ago

Hey where did you purchase this shed from?

• Calamity_J
    11 years ago

Wonderful Shed!!! congrats!!! Love everything, especially the skylight and potting table and lean to area!! So happy for you! I wanna build a girl cave this year and you are giving me new/better ideas!

• Annie
    11 years ago

That's a beauty!
    So proud for you.

Be sure to post more pics as you paint and plant flowers and again later when the flowers have time to grow. I too like the overhang in the back. Very handy dandy indeed.

Congratulations.

• cenepk10
    10 years ago

I want one too !!!!! Congratulations ! I push everything under my deck.... Sigh

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area