Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweetannie4u

Butterflies and Flowers in the Heat of July - (3 pics)

Annie
13 years ago

I posted a lot of photos of July Flowers and Butterflies I took throughout the month so far.

{{gwi:628071}}

There are a lot of pics with Butterflies of all sorts.

{{gwi:628072}}

I've provided a LINK below to my PhotoBucket account so everyone can view them in a slideshow. I know it is difficult if not impossible for those with Dial-Up. Been there - done that.

{{gwi:628073}}

Hope you enjoy them almost as much as I have.

~Annie

Here is a link that might be useful: slideshow

Comments (11)

• kathi_mdgd
    13 years ago

Thanks for posting and the link.You have some beautiful flowers and butterflies.TFS
    Kathi

• lisa33
    13 years ago

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for posting. I haven't had much luck taking pictures of the butterflies yet.

Lisa

• Annie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you Kathi.
    Thank you Lisa.

Masterpiece Theatre is on...

Gotta go.

~Annie

• gldno1
    13 years ago

Beautiful flowers and butterflies. I finally found one caterpillar on the bronze fennel. Still not too many butterflies around except for hundreds of the small white cabbage and sulfurs, a few black swallowtails.

I enjoyed Masterpiece Theater too.

• alisande
    13 years ago

Very nice!! Please suggest to some of your butterflies that they come visit me.

• Annie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I wish I could capture them in flight with my camera. I've tried to no avail. They don't show up. There are so many butterflies that they are literally filling the air with their colorful wings.

They seem to be afraid of the sounds coming from my camera. Whenever I take my camera out with me, as soon as they hear the lens open or the zoom, they take off.

Maybe a video would be the way. I'll go see if that works. If it does, I'll post it.

~Annie

• carrieburgess3
    13 years ago

Oh Annie, what beautiful photography. Your pictures are wonderful!!!

Thank you so much for sharing.
    Carrie

• Annie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all so much.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

Ohhhhh so lovely, I haven't seen any butterfly this year so far with the exception of one of the cabbage guys. I have lots of echinaceas blooming and other things but no butterflies. We used to have lots of swallowtails flitting about but slowly they're coming less and less. I only saw one swallowtail last year and it was in the neighbor's garden.

Annette

• Annie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Saw the first of the yellow Sulfurs two days ago. I was trying to film my pursuit of a big White Tiger Swallowtail and some of the deep orange Copperpots when one yellow Sulfur went zipping by me. All you can see on the video is something yellow flittering fast across the screen.

Soon they will be thick in the garden air just above the plants. Their favorite plants are the stinky Salvias. They always appear in mid-to-late summer in clouds of yellow all over the Lady-in-Red Salvias. They seem to like Bright Lights Cosmos too.

Thanks Annette.
    Sorry you don't have them to enjoy. Wonder why?

~Annie

• Annie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Saw the first of the yellow Sulfurs two days ago. I was trying to film my pursuit of a big White Tiger Swallowtail and some of the deep orange Copperpots when one yellow Sulfur went zipping by me. All you can see on the video is something yellow flittering fast across the screen.

Soon they will be thick in the garden air just above the plants. Their favorite plants are the stinky Salvias. They always appear in mid-to-late summer in clouds of yellow all over the Lady-in-Red Salvias. They seem to like Bright Lights Cosmos too.

Thanks Annette.
    Sorry you don't have them to enjoy. Wonder why?

~Annie

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES