{{gwi:628077}}

{{gwi:628078}}

{{gwi:628079}}

{{gwi:628080}}

{{gwi:628081}}

Comments (8)

• blondiesc
    14 years ago

Beautiful daylilies Rita. Your pics are always so nice. I especially love the 3rd one. Great job of capturing the texture of the bloom.

• schoolhouse_gw
    14 years ago

Love the one in the first photo, in the back, purple with dark eye. I just bought one very similar called "Clarification".

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    14 years ago

That one is INTELLEGENT DESIGN a Karol Emmerich intro.

Heres another puple eyes one from Karol, BE FRUITFULL AND MULTIPLY

{{gwi:628083}}

And this is a picture I took yesterday of my CLARIFICATION-

{{gwi:628085}}

• Vikki1747
    14 years ago

Rita, Rita, Rita. your daylilies are to die for. When do you divide them? I'm there to get a piece of which ever ones you might need to get rid of, lol.

Again! I don't think I've ever seen more beautiful daylilies!
    Vikki

• schoolhouse_gw
    14 years ago

You should create a daylily calendar.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I only started collecting daylilies in 2007 way, way after I had started growing roses. I did always have some daylilies in the garden but not like now after I got the daylily crazies. So there hasn't been much in the way of dividing going on. I have simply given away extras or anything I don't want.

Way back when I first started, I wanted to plant this very steep slope area I have with daylilies but I never did it because the slope is so steep that I could not put the usual two fans that one gets when buying daylilies and wait for it to fill in. I could not leave so much bare ground. So now 2 years later I have lots of clumps in one area in the backyard that I planted too thick. But its good because I realized I could simply move them into the slope and do what I wanted to do years ago but could not accomplish.

• PRO
    Nell Jean
    14 years ago

Daylilies are a good plant for a slope because of the thick roots, when the clumps grow big.

Have you had any that disappointed, Rita? Have you had any that have prolifs on the stems?

Nell

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have had afew prolifs. I just plant them next to the mother plant and so far I have been lucky and they have rooted and grown.

Dissapointments, oh yes, I have have some real daylily dogs in my garden. The funny thing is I can have a daylily be such a dog here and see it in other Long Island gardens and it will be fine. Or the opposite, something that dies out over the winter in another Long Island garden thats doing really well here. I can't figgure it out.

There are so many fabulous daylilies just like there are so many fabulous roses that I have no patience with poor doers or something I just don't like. I just get rid of it.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?