Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bossjim1

Pathway Project Finally Completed

bossjim1
14 years ago

The Pathway project that I started back in January, is nearly complete. I started by having a couple of laborers dig out and haul off the dirt, 8" deep. Then I dug a 4" deep trench in the bottom of that, and installed 260' of french drain, which drains beneath my back gate, into the county drainage ditch. Next, I installed about 650' of 3/4 PVC, and 43, 12" pop-up sprinklers, for 4 irrigation zones. Then that was all covered with 20 tons of 3/4" crushed limestone, 14 tons of which I hauled in myself, with a wheel barrow, till I hurt my back. I hired some guys to finish the gravel and lay 3100 pavers. Here's 1 picture and a link to the rest.

Jim

{{gwi:89839}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Pathway Project

Comments (15)

• hosta_house
    14 years ago

WOW, I love it! Keep posting, I can't wait to see all your arbors full and in bloom.

• token28001
    14 years ago

That's gorgeous. I would love to lay paths in the backyard, but my back and wallet can't afford it right now. You've done a great job.

• plantmaven
    14 years ago

Yes, as always you yard looks wonderful. What a beautiful project.

Kathy

• PRO
    Nell Jean
    14 years ago

That was a tremendous undertaking. All the prep work takes so much time and energy. It turned out a more beautiful place. I've followed by subscription to your album the progress. Congratulations on an incredible job.

Nell

• girlgroupgirl
    14 years ago

Gorgeous! I'm just starting a similar project but because we don't have any plant materials actually in the ground, I don't have digging to do (and the drainage is currently being installed on empty ground, so that helps too). We decided to make a lot of our own paving material since I can't find what suits the garden. I also use "urbanite" (broken concrete) that I get for free. It will not look as beautiful and neat as yours does, but at least I can begin getting the job done!
    I'm excited to be getting at least two driveways worth of concrete soon. However, for us...that is where the pavers eventually come in...I'll have to use them for our driveway!!

GGG

• gldno1
    14 years ago

It looks wonderful. There is just something about a brick path......and a watering system too!

Just enhances what you already have done. Great job.

• bossjim1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you all for looking. It is a great relief to have it done. The irrigation has really been worth while as we are in a drought, and all my beds are raised, which have required watering on a regular basis. It is also good to be able to get back to gardening again.
    Jim

• gottagarden
    14 years ago

Such a professional job! REally loved poring over your photos, so glad you took time to show details of the project. You must really be enjoying it now.

• hosenemesis
    14 years ago

Just lovely. What beautiful workmanship and design. I love your garden!
    Renee

• carrieburgess3
    14 years ago

Oh my word, that is just beautiful!!! Congratulations on a job very well done!

• schoolhouse_gw
    14 years ago

Very nice. As Renee said, the design of the pathways is great. Your plantings set it all off perfectly,too.

• keesha2006
    14 years ago

very pretty

• bossjim1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sorry to be so late to get back to this thread, but have been a little under the weather. Anyway, thank you all for your very kind comments.
    Jim

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Totally awesome. Hope you back is feeling better just knowing your project is done. It's easy to get carried away and overdue when you have this big of project ahead of you. Hope you can sit back and enjoy your accomplishment now. It's a beautiful setting. Punk

• kathi_mdgd
    14 years ago

Wow,what a transformation!! That's Gorgeous and your hard work paid off.TFS
    Kathi

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler